NFL News & Notes

Leader

6 minutes ago, Leader said:

Slight correction.....
The proper (logistics) designation for Tampa is TPA.
It's best to get these things straightened out in the preseason :)

My goto stats site (Pro-Football Reference) does not agree.  It's TAM

I've never seen TPA used for Tampa.  Is that the Tampa airport code?  I know Orlando's airport code is MCO, which I always thought was dumb.

46 minutes ago, Mazrimiv said:

My goto stats site (Pro-Football Reference) does not agree.  It's TAM

I've never seen TPA used for Tampa.  Is that the Tampa airport code?  I know Orlando's airport code is MCO, which I always thought was dumb.

I cant compete with the world of PFR :)

TPA's the logistics designation for Tampa.

Posted (edited)
58 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Nobody uses TPA for the Bucs.  It's TB

I live in Tampa. I use TPA. There actually is no place on a map (of Florida) called Tampa Bay. That's a regional designation - probably put forward by the tourist industry - to group Tampa, St. Pete, Clearwater, etc. 

Correction (before I get corrected....) there is a designation for Tampa Bay - as the body of water between Tampa / St. Pete.

Edited by Leader

5 hours ago, Leader said:

I live in Tampa. I use TPA. There actually is no place on a map (of Florida) called Tampa Bay. That's a regional designation - probably put forward by the tourist industry - to group Tampa, St. Pete, Clearwater, etc. 

Correction (before I get corrected....) there is a designation for Tampa Bay - as the body of water between Tampa / St. Pete.

So what you are saying is they should have been a swimming team or a sailing team but not football? 

On 8/18/2024 at 8:16 AM, Brat&Beer said:

Of course she is. At the time she won her 2024 medals, the Packers were the last team that Owens had played real games for. 

I saw all these memes about Simone Biles being a "Packer fan" and looking at the jacket in question, it was very much a Johnathon Owens jacket, it just happened to have pictures of him in his Packer uni. 

19 hours ago, Leader said:

So the team is named after the bay (in order to get support from those living in St Petersburg), thus the "TPA" designation for Tampa is irrelevant, as the team isn't named for the city. 

49 minutes ago, Mr Bad Example said:

I saw all these memes about Simone Biles being a "Packer fan" and looking at the jacket in question, it was very much a Johnathon Owens jacket, it just happened to have pictures of him in his Packer uni. 

It has the Packer logo all over it as well. Regardless, that was a pretty clueless move on her part.

Edited by Old Guy

11 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

So power rankings are kind of stupid but seems low to me for how that team ended the season. 

Seems perfect to me! Should give them something to have a chip on their collective shoulders. 

I kind of laugh at Buffalo, Miami and Cincinnati ahead of us though. Also, why all the love for the Iggles the way they finished.?

Edited by Old Guy