NFL News & Notes

Leader

3 hours ago, Norm said:

Maybe. I know if I'm a NYG fan and they traded him for that, I'd be pretty pissed anyways.

They say they don't know what the plan for him is but he seems like a pretty darn core piece from where I sit.

If I’m a New York sports fan I would be a mean crotchety Arm chair GM that is convinced I know better at everything! (J/k... or am I?)

I don’t disagree but if you have a concern about his long term health vs a top dollar extension. I would entertain offers. I think he’s a fringe top 10 TE type, I strong asset but not irreplaceable.

2 hours ago, coachbuns said:

LOL ... he's played only 3 teams .500 or better and lost 2 of them.  Last month of games the teams he beat were combined 8-19-1.  Yes, he's had a nice run against them but the love fest for him should be withheld for a few more games.

It sounds wacky after the media hysteria earlier in the year. But his numbers are comparable to Mahomes in 2018.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1187700975651426304

And he's been playing like Aaron Rodgers the last few weeks, threading balls into teeny tiny windows. Whether he keeps it up is doubtful, but it's been amazing to watch. Watch below. High difficulty throws.

https://gfycat.com/sandywellinformedbedlingtonterrier

He leads the NFL in yards per pass attempt (9.1) and passer rating (114.3), ranks fifth in touchdown passes (13) and fourth in completion rate (69.8 percent), is Pro Football Focus’s fourth-highest-graded passer this year (83.9), and has completed passes at 7 percent above expectation, which ranks third per NFL Next Gen Stats. Cousins’s 135.4 passer rating on deep throws (passes of 20-plus yards) ranks second, per PFF; his 92.8 passer rating under pressure is fourth best among qualifiers; his 126.8 passer rating when kept clean ranks second; and his 140.2 passer rating on play-action ranks first. He’s absolutely balling out.

As tight end Kyle Rudolph told Sports Illustrated, the biggest thing that changed between the first four weeks and the past three was how the offense was built around Cousins’s strengths. Cousins has been the “same guy,” all along, said Rudolph, “but we’re actually putting him in more favorable situations. Getting him confidence early with things he’s comfortable with and very good at—play-action, boots, quick throws. Early on, our first two wins, we just ran the ball all game, never let him get in a rhythm as well.”

Edited by Howler

12 hours ago, Howler said:

It sounds wacky after the media hysteria earlier in the year. But his numbers are comparable to Mahomes in 2018.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1187700975651426304

And he's been playing like Aaron Rodgers the last few weeks, threading balls into teeny tiny windows. Whether he keeps it up is doubtful, but it's been amazing to watch. Watch below. High difficulty throws.

https://gfycat.com/sandywellinformedbedlingtonterrier

He leads the NFL in yards per pass attempt (9.1) and passer rating (114.3), ranks fifth in touchdown passes (13) and fourth in completion rate (69.8 percent), is Pro Football Focus’s fourth-highest-graded passer this year (83.9), and has completed passes at 7 percent above expectation, which ranks third per NFL Next Gen Stats. Cousins’s 135.4 passer rating on deep throws (passes of 20-plus yards) ranks second, per PFF; his 92.8 passer rating under pressure is fourth best among qualifiers; his 126.8 passer rating when kept clean ranks second; and his 140.2 passer rating on play-action ranks first. He’s absolutely balling out.

As tight end Kyle Rudolph told Sports Illustrated, the biggest thing that changed between the first four weeks and the past three was how the offense was built around Cousins’s strengths. Cousins has been the “same guy,” all along, said Rudolph, “but we’re actually putting him in more favorable situations. Getting him confidence early with things he’s comfortable with and very good at—play-action, boots, quick throws. Early on, our first two wins, we just ran the ball all game, never let him get in a rhythm as well.”

Count me as a skeptic.  Rap on Cousins is he folds under pressure.  Get a couple of hits on him early and he get's rattled.  Not good on the road or in big games. (maybe that's just a Viqueens thing ha ha ha)  Just a few weeks ago he was getting roasted. We'll see did have a few nice games lately he'll have to have a lot more to be in the MVP discussion. I am not sold of Cousins just yet.  We'll see where he's is at the end of the season. Hell of a good guy tho.  Can't really say I am pulling for him after all  he's a Viking.

Edited by Scoremore
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Leader said:

Zach Kruse:  I don't know if this is public knowledge or not but Jake Kumerow and Allen Lazard have more TDs this season than Odell Beckham.

That's combined right?  It's because OBJ has 1 TD, you can put any list with any random 2 players in the league almost. 

Jason Witten has 2 TD's this year, yes that Jason Witten.  Keelan Cole has 2 td's on 4 catches.  David Quessenberry (OL) and Kevin Byard (DB) combined are tied with OBJ for Rec TD's among players who have caught a pass on Offense this year.

• Like 1

JJ Watt: This game can be beautiful and it can also be brutal. Absolutely gutted that I won’t be able to finish the season with my guys and give the fans what they deserve. I truly love this game and can’t stand letting you guys down. Thank you for all of the thoughts & well-wishes.

2 minutes ago, waterfish_21 said:

That's combined right?  It's because OBJ has 1 TD, you can put any list with any random 2 players in the league almost. 

Jason Witten has 2 TD's this year, yes that Jason Witten.  Keelan Cole has 2 td's on 4 catches.  David Quessenberry (OL) and Kevin Byard (DB) combined are tied with OBJ for Rec TD's among players who have caught a pass on Offense this year.

It's just an interesting observation.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Leader said:

JJ Watt: This game can be beautiful and it can also be brutal. Absolutely gutted that I won’t be able to finish the season with my guys and give the fans what they deserve. I truly love this game and can’t stand letting you guys down. Thank you for all of the thoughts & well-wishes.

Career ends today, it’s hard to argue he’s a first ballot HOF. Which sounds weird. Think he’d still get in eventually though.