NFL News & Notes

Leader

2 hours ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

I am not sure Elway is managing that team very well.  

I kind of wonder if house cleaning is in order, so to speak.

Elway has been abysmal as the Broncos GM since winning the Super Bowl in 2015.

He has been particularly bad at the QB position. The position has been totally messed up in Denver since Peyton's arm died.

As iconic as he is to that franchise, he might be on his way out.

That said, it is interesting to note that in his 9 years as GM, Elway has guided the Broncos to 2 Super Bowl appearances and 1 SB win. 

By contrast, the Packers previous GM was in charge for 13 years, had HOF QBs for every one of those seasons, and the Pack made just 1 SB appearance coming away with a win.

1 hour ago, Green19 said:

Not worried about rodgers. I’m worried about the defense giving up a ton of yards and potentially points to a terrible chargers team.

Most definitely.  There’s no legit excuse for letting Matt Moore shred is behind a hodgepodge OL. Z showed up but he needs some help from the rest of the front 7.  Preston was very quiet last night.  And the secondary needs to come up with some takeaways.  

We haven’t had an easy one yet so I’m expecting that to continue until the defense returns to form from earlier this year. At the same time, I feel like we’re not even close to having played our best game yet. That’s encouraging considering none of us expected to be 7-1.

Edited by thrILL!

9 hours ago, Golfman said:

So Joe Flacco roasted his HC after the game for failing to go for it and close out the game. As he said, we're a 2-6 team, what are we afraid of? Looks perfectly healthy at the podium too. 

Now this..................................

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001070795/article/joe-flacco-neck-ruled-out-brandon-allen-to-start  Coincidence? I think not! 

I think they are afraid of actually winning and being stuck in the mid draft area and be stuck with Joe Flacco as their QB again.

8 hours ago, Green19 said:

Yeah get ready for Rivers to do well against us because we won’t have tape on how they like to call a game. Un scouted looks everywhere.

I mean if we don't come out with a better gameplan on defense than the past two weeks, Rivers will throw for 400 yards anyways. Dangerous game with a QB like that, forget the record.