NFL News & Notes

Leader

Adam Schefter:  Sunday marked the Dolphins’ first win since defeating the Patriots on the “Miami Miracle” in Week 14 last season, with Adam Gase involved in both. With the win, the Dolphins’ chance to get the No. 1 overall pick dropped from 66% to 52%, according to ESPN’s Football Power Index.

Football Perspective:  The 2019 49ers are now the NFL’s last unbeaten team. Since 2000, the last undefeated team has won the Super Bowl just one time - the 2006 Colts. Since ‘00, the last undefeated team lost in the Super Bowl 7 times, including the 2018 Rams

Ian Rapoport:  The Browns waived S Jermaine Whitehead after his threatening and distasteful social media posts yesterday.

To say Whitehead was having a bad day would be generous....

NYPost:

The comments, in which he called at least two people “cracker,” began after the team’s loss to the Denver Broncos. Whitehead missed a big tackle and was beat on a 75-yard touchdown play in the game.

Browns radio analyst Dustin Fox criticized Whitehead’s play, tweeting, “Whiteheads effort tackling today is a joke. #browns”

The analysis set off Whitehead, who fired back with a tweet of his own.

“Come get it in blood b—h made *** lil boy. I’m out there with a broke hand.. don’t get smoked f–k *** cracker,” wrote Whitehead.

To another Twitter user, Whitehead said, “Imma kill you b—h.. that’s on blood.”

The safety’s account was suspended before he even left the locker room, ESPN reported.

The team condemned Whitehead’s posts in a statement.

“Jermaine Whitehead’s social media posts following today’s game were totally unacceptable and highly inappropriate,” a Browns spokesperson told the sports network.

“We immediately spoke with Jermaine upon learning of these comments. The Browns in no way condone that type of language or behavior. This matter will be further addressed internally.”

Despite being muted on Twitter, Whitehead continued his tirade on Instagram, where he threatened another user who called him out.

Edited by Leader

PFT:  The Bears signed running back Mike Davis to a two-year, $6 million contract this offseason. That has not gone well, and if General Manager Ryan Pace is smart, he’ll admit his mistake and cut Davis this week.

That’s because the Davis signing is currently preventing the Bears from receiving a 2020 fourth-round compensatory pick. Under the NFL’s complex compensatory pick formula, the Bears would have received a fourth-rounder for losing free agent Adrian Amos. The signing of Davis canceled out the loss of Amos, however — except that if Davis is cut before Week 10, he doesn’t count as a signing for compensatory pick purposes, and the fourth-rounder for Amos would be restored.

Given that Davis has just 11 carries for 25 yards all season, cutting him this week should be a no-brainer.

/////////////

Be interesting to see if this happens.

2 hours ago, Leader said:

Ian Rapoport:  The Browns waived S Jermaine Whitehead after his threatening and distasteful social media posts yesterday.

To say Whitehead was having a bad day would be generous....

NYPost:

The comments, in which he called at least two people “cracker,” began after the team’s loss to the Denver Broncos. Whitehead missed a big tackle and was beat on a 75-yard touchdown play in the game.

Browns radio analyst Dustin Fox criticized Whitehead’s play, tweeting, “Whiteheads effort tackling today is a joke. #browns”

The analysis set off Whitehead, who fired back with a tweet of his own.

“Come get it in blood b—h made *** lil boy. I’m out there with a broke hand.. don’t get smoked f–k *** cracker,” wrote Whitehead.

To another Twitter user, Whitehead said, “Imma kill you b—h.. that’s on blood.”

The safety’s account was suspended before he even left the locker room, ESPN reported.

The team condemned Whitehead’s posts in a statement.

“Jermaine Whitehead’s social media posts following today’s game were totally unacceptable and highly inappropriate,” a Browns spokesperson told the sports network.

“We immediately spoke with Jermaine upon learning of these comments. The Browns in no way condone that type of language or behavior. This matter will be further addressed internally.”

Despite being muted on Twitter, Whitehead continued his tirade on Instagram, where he threatened another user who called him out.

So since E. Wolf and Highsmith joined the Cleveland front office, they added former Packer safeties Morgan Burnett, Jermaine Whitehead, and Damarious Randall.

And former Packer passing game coordinator Joe Whitt was hired last offseason to coach them up.

Now, the Browns are 2-6, Whitehead is gone and apparently Randall is already getting ready to leave Cleveland -- don't know how I missed the fact that Damarious "recently deleted references to Cleveland in his social media accounts. As of Saturday, Oct. 26, his Facebook account says he is a “former Arizona State Defensive Back. There’s no mention of the Cleveland Browns"

https://dawgpounddaily.com/2019/10/27/cleveland-browns-damarious-randall-future/

4 hours ago, TheOnlyThing said:

So since E. Wolf and Highsmith joined the Cleveland front office, they added former Packer safeties Morgan Burnett, Jermaine Whitehead, and Damarious Randall.

And former Packer passing game coordinator Joe Whitt was hired last offseason to coach them up.

Now, the Browns are 2-6, Whitehead is gone and apparently Randall is already getting ready to leave Cleveland -- don't know how I missed the fact that Damarious "recently deleted references to Cleveland in his social media accounts. As of Saturday, Oct. 26, his Facebook account says he is a “former Arizona State Defensive Back. There’s no mention of the Cleveland Browns"

https://dawgpounddaily.com/2019/10/27/cleveland-browns-damarious-randall-future/

Why anyone would take anything defensive from GB in the last 5-6 season is beyond me.

Browns did that to themselves.

2 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

Look no further than the suits that took these guys and there's your answer.

Oh I get it... but if I was wolf and highsmith, after leaving Green Bay I would start fresh.

Its why I trust Gute waaaay more. He went out of the organization to one that drafts and develops defensive talent historically in Baltimore.

6 minutes ago, Green19 said:

Oh I get it... but if I was wolf and highsmith, after leaving Green Bay I would start fresh.

Its why I trust Gute waaaay more. He went out of the organization to one that drafts and develops defensive talent historically in Baltimore.

Might be why Wolf and Highsmith are no longer in GB, especially if they played a role in convincing Dorsey to bring some of those players over.