NFL News & Notes

Leader

45 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I haven't even seen this so apparently his releases aren't even making news anymore.

And yes, I'd still take him. 

It was down a ways when I googled him too. I thought it wasn't real at first

There’s something with Zach Brown.  He’s not a bad player.  He’s not incredible like people seem to think, but there’s gotta be something wrong with him.  You don’t get cut by two or three teams competing for a playoff spot in the same year While being a pretty good player that’s healthy without having some kind of weird or bad behavior.

9 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

Congrats to JC Tretter

Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports that the Browns have signed JC Tretter to a three-year contract extension.
Tretter’s reportedly set to make $32.5 million over the life of the deal with over $23 million in guaranteed money.

Damn, good for JC

• Like 1

Peter Bukowski:  There was a ton of talk about the Packers needing a backup QB and Brian Hoyer was a name cited. He was terrible against the worst team in the league and his team lost yesterday. Worrying about which bad QB is backing up your starter is generally not worth it.

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Peter Bukowski:  There was a ton of talk about the Packers needing a backup QB and Brian Hoyer was a name cited. He was terrible against the worst team in the league and his team lost yesterday. Worrying about which bad QB is backing up your starter is generally not worth it.

Tell that to the Saints and Panthers.  This is the year of the back up QB .  KC also has a decent back up in Moore.  Could mention Jax as well. Not really all that enamored with Hoyer but having a decent back up can save your season.  Not sure where he is going with this.  Hoyer sucks?  Or back up QB's don't matter?  or both?  Regardless it's a stupid quote.

Doug Farrar:  Rams drives vs. Steelers: Punt, punt, punt, punt, punt, fumble, punt, missed field goal, interception, interception, field goal, punt, punt, downs, interception. Yeah, I'd say there's a problem. Also, Jared Goff hasn't hit a 60% completion rate in any of his last five games.