Jump to content

NFL News & Notes


Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

The NFL's whole purpose of holding this workout was to try to trap Kaepernick between "not showing up for a workout" (which would undermine a second lawsuit) and "signing a waiver that would waive his right to sue".  The original settlement was only to resolve the indemnify the NFL from their past collusion to not employ Kaepernick, it does not protect them if they continue to do it.

Kaepernick should have never signed that waiver, or anything other than "a normal injury waiver that players sign before being worked out for NFL teams".  That the NFL gave him a different one was scummy.  Of course, this whole thing, given how rushed it was, is scummy on the part of the NFL.  Jeff Pash should lose his job over this.

But now Kaepernick has the NFL between a rock and a hard place, since there were NFL officials who were willing to fly in from out of state to watch Kaepernick work out on the NFL's terms, but these same people weren't willing to drive a half-hour to see his actual workout.  Probably the NFL's only real out here is to lean on the Eagles or the Lions or somebody to sign him. 

Hell, if the Packers sign Kaepernick I'll buy his jersey.

Go ahead and pee your money away then.  It's all a show .. there's one born every minute.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Outpost31 said:

I just really wish the Redskins, Dolphins and Bengals would come out and say, “Play for us, Colin.”  So then he would decline.  Or sign and suck and we’d be done.

The Bears! Sign him to a long-term deal with big guarantees too! The guy is a cancer! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Yeah, that's inaccurate because he's going to claim there is a continuation of collusion. NBC news was reporting that was one of the sticking points to him not signing the waiver. The NFL was trying to 'insulate' themselves from further litigation. Something in the settlement must have stated they would not stand in the way of him getting a chance to play again. 

I'm guessing his agent was pressing the NFL towards that which is why this whole charade was set up to begin with. 

Fine....and that case would be tossed out of court so fast Kaepernicks head would spin.

Further collusion? "Come show your stuff to a bunch of NFL teams at an NFL sponsored forum?"

LOL

I'd say that case lacks legal standing or merit - not to mention it would be a public relations loser for Kaepernick.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I get a kick out of how so many do not remember the guy competed less than 60% of his passes for his career. He's been out of the league for 3 years. Anybody think that is going to suddenly change?

That is not a QB capable of winning in the NFL. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Leader said:

I dont get the injury liability thing anyway. Whats the big deal? How many QBs get injured at these things?

 

Well, Kaepernick's representative countered with "we will sign the standard injury waiver" but the NFL declined saying that he must sign the modified waiver.  That the NFL was unwilling to let him work out with a standard injury waiver (or just without an injury waiver) suggests the NFL's agenda here was CYA not to actually try to give him a shot.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Well, Kaepernick's representative countered with "we will sign the standard injury waiver" but the NFL declined saying that he must sign the modified waiver.  That the NFL was unwilling to let him work out with a standard injury waiver (or just without an injury waiver) suggests the NFL's agenda here was CYA not to actually try to give him a shot.

What percentage of employers want to welcome back an employee who sued them? Any guesses on that one? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Well, Kaepernick's representative countered with "we will sign the standard injury waiver" but the NFL declined saying that he must sign the modified waiver.  That the NFL was unwilling to let him work out with a standard injury waiver (or just without an injury waiver) suggests the NFL's agenda here was CYA not to actually try to give him a shot.

Somebody's gonna have to spell out the difference between the two.

Oh also - are injury liability waivers standard procedure for workouts of this kind? It would seem reasonable but I dont know - so wondering.

Edited by Leader
Link to post
Share on other sites

Back to football.....

Adam Schefter:  After today’s workout in Atlanta, an NFL executive at Colin Kaepernick’s throwing session said his arm talent is “elite” and is the same as when he came out of college. He said that Kaepernick threw the ball well.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The NFL's waiver that they insisted Kaepernick sign included a clause which would have exonerated regarding employment-related issues which occurred since the settlement in February.  The standard injury waiver for a team workout has nothing of the sort.

The standard injury waiver is just "you won't sue us if you tear your ACL or whatever when you're working out at our facility".  It has nothing to say about what happened before, or what happens after the workout is concluded.

Edited by PossibleCabbage
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Leader said:

Back to football.....

Adam Schefter:  After today’s workout in Atlanta, an NFL executive at Colin Kaepernick’s throwing session said his arm talent is “elite” and is the same as when he came out of college. He said that Kaepernick threw the ball well.

So same arm he completed less than 60% of his passes during his playing days, which ended over 3 years ago. A QB who completes under 60% of his throws is not considered starting material unless they are in beginning of their careers learning the position. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Kaepernick was never a good QB and a few years ago in his last year he was beyond awful.  Absolutely stunk.  Now, he is a punk and a tape worm who knows he can’t play but also knows he can continue to collect a check through legal action.  Truly pathetic.  The NFL should quit coddling him and counter sue.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, 15412 said:

Kaepernick was never a good QB and a few years ago in his last year he was beyond awful.  Absolutely stunk.  Now, he is a punk and a tape worm who knows he can’t play but also knows he can continue to collect a check through legal action.  Truly pathetic.  The NFL should quit coddling him and counter sue.

You had me til the last line. What would the ground be for their suit and since there is no lawsuit by Kaepernick currently, what are you counter suing? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

He has been playing the NFL and the media and any blind dumb sheep who will follow him all along.  Cops are bad and criminals are good, boys are girls and girls are boys, the USA is evil and terrorists are victims, the moon is just the sun at night.  Isn’t that what we’re being told today?  He will indirectly or at some point directly threaten to sue the NFL and possibly teams independently in order to obtain a quiet settlement.  Above what he has collected already.  The NFL has the deepest of pockets, they need to have their brief cases at the ready and not be extorted by this no talent punk.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 15412 said:

Kaepernick was never a good QB and a few years ago in his last year he was beyond awful.  Absolutely stunk.  Now, he is a punk and a tape worm who knows he can’t play but also knows he can continue to collect a check through legal action.  Truly pathetic.  The NFL should quit coddling him and counter sue.

 

58 minutes ago, 15412 said:

He has been playing the NFL and the media and any blind dumb sheep who will follow him all along.  Cops are bad and criminals are good, boys are girls and girls are boys, the USA is evil and terrorists are victims, the moon is just the sun at night.  Isn’t that what we’re being told today?  He will indirectly or at some point directly threaten to sue the NFL and possibly teams independently in order to obtain a quiet settlement.  Above what he has collected already.  The NFL has the deepest of pockets, they need to have their brief cases at the ready and not be extorted by this no talent punk.

You alright? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...