NFL News & Notes

Leader

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

Anybody else feel like Kaepernick just accidentally sat down for the anthem because he was pouting about being benched and then pulled something out his butt to make it look like he wasn't just being a pouter? 

An interesting proposition but I just can't fathom that even he would stoop as low.  I do know that what he's got going this Saturday is nothing but a publicity stunt.

21 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I would want you cut as an OL if I saw you watch a scrum like that. That's not what you do. 

Props to Pouncey and DeCastro, and the guy who went after 65.

Again you are wrong.    I never said the OL should watch.    The Pittsburgh Ol that tied up and took Garrett to the ground was protecting.   Doing exactly what he should.

Giving props to Pouncey is way off base.    He wasn't protecting, he was taking cheap shots.     Perhaps instead of kicking Garrett in the head, Pouncey could have actually been protecting his Qb so he didn't get hit from behind by Ogunjobi.

Edited by hitnhope

1 minute ago, hitnhope said:

Again you are wrong.    I never said the OL should watch.    The Pittsburgh Ol that tied up and took Garrett to the ground was protecting.   Doing exactly what he should.

Giving props to Pouncey is way off base.    He wasn't protecting, he was taking cheap shots.    

He got suspended for throwing a few extra blows. That's fine. I don't really care what happens once they're on the ground. Garrett has a helmet on, Puncey is at more risk for injury than Garrett. Punches/kicks with a helmet on aren't going to do anything. If he's doing something that that's a high risk to cause Garrett harm, like stepping or kicking him in unprotected areas with his cleats or bending/twisting arms/legs to try and break or tear something, then sure, throw him in the same group as Garrett. It was a fight, in a fight some punches or a kick as your being pulled off is the norm, suspend him his 2 games and move on, but stepping up for Rudolph will do way more positive for the locker room and how close they feel than not.

34 minutes ago, hitnhope said:

Notice I never said anything against Garrett's punishment.  He absolutely went over any acceptable line.  He deserves some time off.

My problem is that it seems people can only focus on 1 thing at a time.   Garrett largely deserves what he gets.  My problem is that Pouncey seems to be getting a free pass.

He got 3 games 

31 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

He got suspended for throwing a few extra blows. That's fine. I don't really care what happens once they're on the ground. Garrett has a helmet on, Puncey is at more risk for injury than Garrett. Punches/kicks with a helmet on aren't going to do anything. If he's doing something that that's a high risk to cause Garrett harm, like stepping or kicking him in unprotected areas with his cleats or bending/twisting arms/legs to try and break or tear something, then sure, throw him in the same group as Garrett. It was a fight, in a fight some punches or a kick as your being pulled off is the norm, suspend him his 2 games and move on, but stepping up for Rudolph will do way more positive for the locker room and how close they feel than not.

Kicks and knees to the head can't do anything?   Seriously?     Have you been sleeping through the concussion discussions over the past few years?

I never accused Pouncey of being smart.  His risk for injury was all on him.    You think he was stepping up for Rudolph?   I don't.   that's the difference.

BTW - Why is Rudolph getting off without anything?   He started the entire thing by trying to pull off Garrett's helmet.   He then kicks garrett in the groin.     After his helmet was pulled off and DeCastro had separated Garrett form Rudolph, Rudolph charges at Garrett again.    Rudolph should get some punishment for his actions, as well as for his stupidity in entering the fray without a helmet.

1 minute ago, hitnhope said:

Kicks and knees to the head can't do anything?   Seriously?     Have you been sleeping through the concussion discussions over the past few years?

I never accused Pouncey of being smart.  His risk for injury was all on him.    You think he was stepping up for Rudolph?   I don't.   that's the difference.

BTW - Why is Rudolph getting off without anything?   He started the entire thing by trying to pull off Garrett's helmet.   He then kicks garrett in the groin.     After his helmet was pulled off and DeCastro had separated Garrett form Rudolph, Rudolph charges at Garrett again.    Rudolph should get some punishment for his actions, as well as for his stupidity in entering the fray without a helmet.

He was wearing a helmet designed for high speed collisions with other helmets. A human hand is going to break before it concussed someone in a helmet.

Rudolph will get a nice fine I'm sure.

Garrett clearly took it to a place it shouldn’t of gone but Rudolph honest got it going.

He was likely upset at his performance and didn’t like that Garrett took him to the ground.

To be honest Rudolph was looking for a fight (could tell by how he kept it going)... in that regard I can see a side for Garrett but he did had the bigger dumb move in using the helmet as a weapon. Should of just ripped it off and been like that’s how you take a helmet off Mason... if you wanted mine.

2 hours ago, hitnhope said:

Giving props to Pouncey is way off base.    He wasn't protecting, he was taking cheap shots.     Perhaps instead of kicking Garrett in the head, Pouncey could have actually been protecting his Qb so he didn't get hit from behind by Ogunjobi.

No. There was no reason why Ogunjobi needed to hit Rudolph which is why nobody saw that coming. I'm just disappointed HE didn't rip a helmet off and go at it...

2 hours ago, 15412 said:

An interesting proposition but I just can't fathom that even he would stoop as low.  I do know that what he's got going this Saturday is nothing but a publicity stunt.

Except it was the league that randomly scheduled this without his knowing. They're challenging him to put up or shut up. Frankly, I'm surprised the league didn't do this sooner. This "stunt" actually helps the league rather than Kaepernick because if Kaepernick has a horrible workout, they can then go back and say that Kaepernick can't find a job because he's not in shape or that he basically isn't good enough to warrant a try out...

37 minutes ago, Joe said:

No. There was no reason why Ogunjobi needed to hit Rudolph which is why nobody saw that coming. I'm just disappointed HE didn't rip a helmet off and go at it...

Except it was the league that randomly scheduled this without his knowing. They're challenging him to put up or shut up. Frankly, I'm surprised the league didn't do this sooner. This "stunt" actually helps the league rather than Kaepernick because if Kaepernick has a horrible workout, they can then go back and say that Kaepernick can't find a job because he's not in shape or that he basically isn't good enough to warrant a try out...

OK, let's see if he even shows up.  Maybe he'll take a knee on the whole non-event.  Maybe there's something deeper at work.  A stunt, none the less