NFL News & Notes

Leader

4 minutes ago, deltarich87 said:

Gonna enjoy these for now until Gute stupidly ends up paying Aaron Jones

If I trusted Gute to use those funds on other offensive weapons, I'd say let Jones walk. Alas, I don't really trust Gute, so I honestly won't be displeased if we lock up our 1(b) best offensive weapon. 

9 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

If I trusted Gute to use those funds on other offensive weapons, I'd say let Jones walk. Alas, I don't really trust Gute, so I honestly won't be displeased if we lock up our 1(b) best offensive weapon. 

I don't trust Gute as GM which is why I expect him to pay a RB

1 hour ago, deltarich87 said:

I don't trust Gute as GM which is why I expect him to pay a RB

Why? He drafted one in the 2nd round. All signs point to GB has a number no to exceed. I have heard Gute say Clark, Bak and I want to say King are on their list to resign... never heard Jones.

I know Jones is out there telling everyone when he can. But that might be to apply pressure.

I think Bak is next and GB wants to use this season for King and Jones to show they can consistently be available to them and can consistently produce.

Wouldn't franchise tagging the RBs be cheaper?

I want Jones back, but I'm not sure we can afford this these big long term prices, especially when the CB depth looks questionable and about to have some FAs to the top guys, with  not a ton of known salary cap space left.

Titans 1sr round pick Isaiah Wilson arrested for DUI. Whoops.

The arrest report said that Wilson was traveling on Charlotte Avenue in Nashville at a high rate of speed. According to a witness, a vehicle that was later identified as Wilson's was doing "donuts" at the intersection of 25th Avenue N. and Charlotte Avenue. Wilson lost control of his vehicle and struck a concrete wall.

Wilson told the arresting officer that he had a problem with his back tire and that it was the cause of the crash. The officer smelled alcohol on Wilson's breath and noticed his eyes were watery, according to the arrest report. Wilson told the officer that he consumed two margaritas before driving his vehicle.

Wilson agreed to a Breathalyzer test, which resulted in a blood alcohol level of .107. The limit in Tennessee is .08.

4 hours ago, Green19 said:

Why? He drafted one in the 2nd round. All signs point to GB has a number no to exceed. I have heard Gute say Clark, Bak and I want to say King are on their list to resign... never heard Jones.

I know Jones is out there telling everyone when he can. But that might be to apply pressure.

I think Bak is next and GB wants to use this season for King and Jones to show they can consistently be available to them and can consistently produce.

Sorry to break it to you.

No one seems to be that interested in WR Hakeem Butler, big and fast (at least straight line), but best he's got so far is a Jets try out, and sounds like they didn't sign him.

We signed DL Keke's college DL teammate to the PS, maybe at least try out WR Lazard's college WR teammate?