NFL News & Notes

Leader

1 minute ago, coachbuns said:

Agree, I just don't understand why they don't kick the tires on a guy like this.  Turn every stone possible to see if there's gold under it.  Get a kick out of posters who are scouts/personnel of other team's players who say "he can't help us".  LOL .. Smith will go somewhere and light it up.  Bring him in and see if there's gold under the stone.  What can it hurt?

You dont have to bring a guy in to watch his film

• Like 1

Just now, HighCalebR said:

You dont have to bring a guy in to watch his film

You don't but why wouldn't you?  Film shows everything?  LOL.  Scheme means nothing, other players mean nothing, coaching means nothing.  Sure, you can see some trends on film but for the cost of a plane ticket and a hotel room, why not?  

10 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

You don't but why wouldn't you?  Film shows everything?  LOL.  Scheme means nothing, other players mean nothing, coaching means nothing.  Sure, you can see some trends on film but for the cost of a plane ticket and a hotel room, why not?  

How much do you think you get to see on a visit. Yall got pissy about Hawk not being able to run, so yeah lets bring in Jaylon whos knees are toast at a way younger age.

Do you know why theyre speculating why he'll do better in a 3-4? Because he's more protected. Because hes not good. If your 2nd ILB doesnt give you ST reps youre losing value anyways. So is Jaylon replacing DeVondre?

Edited by HighCalebR

Adam Schefter -   A stunner: Patriots are releasing four-time Pro Bowl cornerback Stephon Gilmore, who was eligible to come off the Physically Unable to Perform List after Week 6.

• Ken Ingalls - Packers Cap -  Packers fans are going to collectively lose their minds when he signs with Tampa Bay.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Leader said:

Adam Schefter -   A stunner: Patriots are releasing four-time Pro Bowl cornerback Stephon Gilmore, who was eligible to come off the Physically Unable to Perform List after Week 6.

• Ken Ingalls - Packers Cap -  Packers fans are going to collectively lose their minds when he signs with Tampa Bay.

He wants a new deal.  

2 minutes ago, Leader said:

Probably....and it's not happening with us.

Dont know SFs cap situation....but they're hurting for CBs at the moment........

My question is why are they releasing him?  

Injury not responding?

Cancer in locker room?

BB tired of dealing with him?

1 minute ago, NFLGURU said:

My question is why are they releasing him?  

Injury not responding?

Cancer in locker room?

BB tired of dealing with him?

No clue. I've not heard/read that he was a difficult player and it's unclear to me why BB would tire of a talented contributor.  Injury concern could be - but shouldnt be for any team thinking to pick him up as he'll undergo a thorough physical before any contract is signed.

8 minutes ago, Leader said:

No clue. I've not heard/read that he was a difficult player and it's unclear to me why BB would tire of a talented contributor.  Injury concern could be - but shouldnt be for any team thinking to pick him up as he'll undergo a thorough physical before any contract is signed.

I think BB got tired of him.  Great player but was always whining about money.  They couldn't come to terms on a new deal. 

4 minutes ago, Leader said:

Gilmore's agent if filling up the rumor mill.......

Dov Kleiman -   Update: Stephon Gilmore wants to play for the #Packers, according to Albert Breer.

I will eat nothing but capers and butter for a month if the Packers get Gilmore.

It’s a bogus report to get desperate Packer fans flocking to follow someone on Twitter to boost their audience.

Gilmore will be a Buccaneer by this time next week if not earlier.

• Like 1