NFL News & Notes

Leader

What's the deal with this Urban Meyer stuff?  I've not been paying attention and apparently mistook it for a minor issue of him having a few drinks with some women hanging around - images made social media - yadayadayada - but what is it in fact all about?

Apparently its not gone away as I suspected....when I first discounted it as a non-story.

Whats the big deal? Apparently the Owner is pissed? Why?

7 minutes ago, Leader said:

What's the deal with this Urban Meyer stuff?  I've not been paying attention and apparently mistook it for a minor issue of him having a few drinks with some women hanging around - images made social media - yadayadayada - but what is it in fact all about?

Apparently its not gone away as I suspected....when I first discounted it as a non-story.

Whats the big deal? Apparently the Owner is pissed? Why?

He didn't ride back on the plane with the team, he stayed behind in Ohio. Yes, then the rest of it happened. 

Speculation here, but I think Meyer would not mind getting himself fired. He's eyeing the USC job and probably understands already, he's not made for the NFL. 

1 minute ago, Old Guy said:

He didn't ride back on the plane with the team, he stayed behind in Ohio. Yes, then the rest of it happened. Speculation here, but I think Meyer would not mind getting himself fired. He's eyeing the USC job and probably understands already, he's not made for the NFL. 

Ok. Thanks....but did the situation get out of hand somewhat? I mean, did he and the women interact "improperly" in some manner.

Honestly....I dont understand the calls for him to be canned after such a short time.....and it would seem odd for him to want to be canned so quickly. The image would definitely be tarnished IMO.

1 minute ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I heard that he got a lap dance, but that is far from confirmed.  Even if, that is between him and his wife.

Ok. I'm gonna put this back in the "Dont Pay It Any Attention" file.
I dont care if he quits. I dont care if he gets canned. I just wanted to know what it was all about...and now I do. Thanks.

10 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I heard that he got a lap dance, but that is far from confirmed.  Even if, that is between him and his wife.

Looked like a "little more" than a lap dance from what I saw on the interwebs. Plus not flying home with the team is apparently something that very rarely happens. If he did one or the other, it may not be as bad. Or if the Jags were 2-2, this might not blow up like it has. Rumor is that he has completely lost that lockerroom after 4 games.

32 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Speculation here, but I think Meyer would not mind getting himself fired. He's eyeing the USC job and probably understands already, he's not made for the NFL. 

Urban wanting the USC gig is just unsubstantiated fan speculation.  

42 minutes ago, Tperk said:

Looked like a "little more" than a lap dance from what I saw on the interwebs.

Just saw the video.....and while not a "strip club quality" lap dance, some woman was definitely grinding on him. Clearly it was more than this guy should have done in public. How could he be this stupid? 

Edited by Leader

3 minutes ago, mtsportsfan1 said:

Cowboys release jaylon Smith. Would we consider taking a flyer ?

I feel like we have to give him a look, right? I mean, we are having to play Ty Summers right now, who really should just never be on the field for any defensive snap.