NFL News & Notes

Leader

I live in the Tampa Bay area. It's  cool to see them pull this off, and I have a lot of happy friends. That being said they were pretty miserable from 2003 until Brady arrived. You have to give the team credit, because they did hit on great draft picks, and they put together a great team that is motivated. I just don't think it's the recipe to run a franchise. I wouldn't want to go through all those losing seasons, and then deal with the band wagon people. I do however like what Gute has done. I feel like this is more "all in" then we have been since Wolf was GM. That's just my preference though.

Edited by Toddfather

On 9/30/2021 at 9:53 AM, Outpost31 said:

You’re forgetting a couple things.

First, the Chiefs are last in the NFL in points allowed.

Second, the draft capital dilemma presents itself here. They’ve had low end first round picks in each of the last 3 years.

Draft capital as it relates to Super Bowl wins is one thing nobody can argue with.

The Buccaneers don’t win last year if they weren’t in position to get a franchise LT and Winfield.

We went Love and Dillon.

That was the difference.

To be fair... TB wouldn’t get Winfield if someone else was GM in GB haha. I mentioned early in the process I would draft Winfield at the end of the first if I was GB haha.

1 hour ago, Striker said:

The last two Super Bowl winning teams that Brady has played on has allowed a COMBINED total of 12 points. Against the #2 and #3 DVOA offenses. Makes life pretty easy when you barely have to muster offense to win.

Yes, I know they dropped 31 on Kansas City, but even then they could just grind it out thanks to a huge TOP advantage and a hilariously short field (I forgot the KC punter had two punts that went less than 30 yards) on their second TD.

Preach.

1 hour ago, Striker said:

Brady is one of the best, but he's also one of the, if not THE, luckiest of all time (and people should be more willing to acknowledge the significant factor that luck plays in a career...especially when it comes to sports with single elimination playoff formats like the NFL).

even if he is the luckiest, he has taken advantage of every opportunity and beaten most teams he has to beat, cant fault him for what he cant control. Luck plays a significant factor, but im sure there's times where he got unlucky we cant remember because he won anyway. 

Edited by ifeelasleep
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ifeelasleep said:

even if he is the luckiest, he has taken advantage of every opportunity and beaten most teams he has to beat, cant fault him for what he cant control. Luck plays a significant factor, but im sure there's times where he got unlucky we cant remember because he won anyway. 

Eventually after playing this long, we have to realize luck isn't a thing he always gets, it's just what we always find now to explain it all. And I hate Brady more than anyone

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Norm said:

Eventually after playing this long, we have to realize luck isn't a thing he always gets, it's just what we always find now to explain it all. And I hate Brady more than anyone

Perhaps "luck" isn't the best descriptor, but he's been "blessed" to play his career with the GOAT coach (who also happens to be a defensive guru) who built incredible defenses throughout his entire career.

Fortuitous, Lucky, Blessed, Serendipitous, Opportune, Charmed - whatever adjective is selected represents the truth that, although Tom Brady is a skilled QB, he has been disproportionately [insert adjective here] to have been in the situation he was/is.

• Like 1

yeah but pretty much every succesful person on earth has that happen for them, not just in football, you can discredit anyone that way things are never independent of their environment.

Bellichick is the best i agree, but i think most HOF QBs wouldnt have achieved what he has in his situation, maybe only the top 5. all conjecture anyways. 

Edited by ifeelasleep

11 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Perhaps "luck" isn't the best descriptor, but he's been "blessed" to play his career with the GOAT coach (who also happens to be a defensive guru) who built incredible defenses throughout his entire career.

Fortuitous, Lucky, Blessed, Serendipitous, Opportune, Charmed - whatever adjective is selected represents the truth that, although Tom Brady is a skilled QB, he has been disproportionately [insert adjective here] to have been in the situation he was/is.

For sure. And he's clearly on some sort of PEDs

17 minutes ago, ifeelasleep said:

yeah but pretty much every succesful person on earth has that happen for them, not just in football, you can discredit anyone that way things are never independent of their environment.

Bellichick is the best i agree, but i think most HOF QBs wouldnt have achieved what he has in his situation, maybe only the top 5. all conjecture anyways. 

Yes, success is when preparation meets opportunity. Brady has does very well with the latter and is unique in that he's allowed for team construction to set his club(s) even further above expectations because of his financial situation as well.

Perfect storm.