NFL News & Notes

Leader

46 minutes ago, Leader said:

Butler

Not for me.  Great player though.

For me the HOF should be a Very easy call.  If you have to think about it for 5 seconds, my answer is no.  

Butler makes you ponder, for me its a no.

Guys like Eli Manning make you pause.  For me its a no, will he make it? Probably.

Edited by NFLGURU

3 minutes ago, NFLGURU said:

Not for me.  Great player though.

For me the HOF should be a Very easy call.  If you have to think about it for 5 seconds, my answer is no.  

Butler makes you ponder, for me its a no.

If John Lynch goes into the hall, LeRoy should be a lock. The fact that Lynch got in first is laughable. 

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, Refugee said:

If John Lynch goes into the hall, LeRoy should be a lock. The fact that Lynch got in first is laughable. 

Agree 100%.  Lynch shouldn't be in for me.  No bigger Drew Pearson fan than I back in the day, but its a big NO for me.   He got in. 

Edited by NFLGURU

21 hours ago, wgbeethree said:

Those first year recievers are all in the Hall of REALLY good IMO. Hines Ward and Reggie Wayne seem to be the benchmarks for just not quite good enough to get in for now and I don't think any of those guys are a clear tier above statistically. I'd guess Johnson, Smith, and Boldin are all top 10 all time in one or more of the Rec/Yrds/TDS categories off the top of my head but that's not enough. 🤷

The centers were both arguably the best centers in the league for a decade but they are centers. 

I think Butler deserves it but I think I'm biased and don't think it will happen.

The only person on that list I think you could make a really good argument for is Devin Hester. You could easily make the argument he was the best returner of all time. Is that enough to deserve a gold jacket? 🤷

Butler has 4 All-Pros and made the 90s All-Decade Team. If that isn't a stretch of being one of the best safeties in the game, I don't know wtf the criteria would be. 

• Like 2

What's this litigation have to do with Jerry Jones (or other NFL Owners) and why may they have to testify if it isnt settled and goes to trial?

ProFootballTalk -  The pending lawsuit over the relocation of the Rams continues to generate not nearly as much attention as it should, what with a trial looming in January, all legal obstacles to that trial removed, and owners like Stan Kroenke and Jerry Jones facing a court order to disclose financial information in support of a potential punitive damages award or pay $1,000 each per day until they do.

This wont go well......

Adam Schefter -    Cowboys’ RT La'el Collins was suspended by the NFL after trying to bribe the league's drug-test collector.

"I wasnt trying to bribe the guy.....I just asked if he wanted to spend some time with my girlfriend"

(Add on note - that last part is mine)

Edited by Leader

On 9/22/2021 at 1:01 PM, wgbeethree said:

Those first year recievers are all in the Hall of REALLY good IMO. Hines Ward and Reggie Wayne seem to be the benchmarks for just not quite good enough to get in for now and I don't think any of those guys are a clear tier above statistically. I'd guess Johnson, Smith, and Boldin are all top 10 all time in one or more of the Rec/Yrds/TDS categories off the top of my head but that's not enough. 🤷

The centers were both arguably the best centers in the league for a decade but they are centers. 

I think Butler deserves it but I think I'm biased and don't think it will happen.

The only person on that list I think you could make a really good argument for is Devin Hester. You could easily make the argument he was the best returner of all time. Is that enough to deserve a gold jacket? 🤷

I think Butler should be in, or they should have a ceremony to remove both John Lynch and Steve Atwater. 

I question Devin Hester.  He is the greatest punt returner, by a long shot.  And he was a big factor for the late 2000s Bears teams, that struggled on offense.  What gives me pause is that if Cordarrelle Patterson gets a few more kick off return TDs, he will be well in the lead in that category, and therefore should also be nominated.  IMO neither of those two were as good as Hines Ward, who is a hard no from me.

2 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I question Devin Hester.  He is the greatest punt returner, by a long shot.  And he was a big factor for the late 2000s Bears teams, that struggled on offense.  What gives me pause is that if Cordarrelle Patterson gets a few more kick off return TDs, he will be well in the lead in that category, and therefore should also be nominated.  IMO neither of those two were as good as Hines Ward, who is a hard no from me.

I think PR/KR is how Allen Rossum ended up on the list - 15k return yds in his career! 

Which doesn't make him HoF worthy, but it certainly is something he should be able to be proud of - "I hung with the best athletes in the world for a decade."