NFL News & Notes

Leader

42 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Want nothing to due with Sherman as a person and kind of hoping he's fallen off more at this point nearing 34.

He hasn't been a top CB in a few years, but you can bet Tampa will get the most out of him. He's still a very smart player if nothing else. 

30 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

He hasn't been a top CB in a few years, but you can bet Tampa will get the most out of him. He's still a very smart player if nothing else. 

Smarts will only get him so far and honestly, he lost his step and speed a few years back. So, I figure him still capable to handle the close in work - be a pseudo LB. Somebody takes off on him - he'd better hope they're in zone, cause he's gonna get torched.

Chicago Bears -   Bears announce purchase and sale agreement for Arlington Park.

///

The Bears making some economic moves..........................

• Peter Bukowski -  Soldier Field is a toilet bowl shaped spaceship where they’ve never won anything of consequence but thinking of the Bears playing in a dome just seems wrong.

///

Will economic necessity ultimately require the Packers to build a dome?

Edited by Leader

Just your friendly reminder that even though I’m not as active here as I used to be, I’m still right. Pay your QB and your team isn’t good.

I said this about Mahomes and nooooooobody believed me because Mahomes is Mahomes, but Rodgers was also Rodgers.

You can sell tickets with a great QB, but you can’t win Super Bowls if you pay that great QB.

And the Packers are alright with winning games, making money and always being good enough to feed the bottom line.

The Packers don’t care about winning Super Bowls.

59 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Just your friendly reminder that even though I’m not as active here as I used to be, I’m still right. Pay your QB and your team isn’t good.

I said this about Mahomes and nooooooobody believed me because Mahomes is Mahomes, but Rodgers was also Rodgers.

You can sell tickets with a great QB, but you can’t win Super Bowls if you pay that great QB.

And the Packers are alright with winning games, making money and always being good enough to feed the bottom line.

The Packers don’t care about winning Super Bowls.

While I agree with you to a point, I disagree with the Mahomes thing, you are just too soon to say that. The Chiefs are where they are (they aint in that bad a shape) not because of what they are paying Mahomes.

Last year he accounted for 2.42% of the Chiefs cap and this year he is at 3.94% of cap, so this has not restricted them in being competitive, they still got dosh to to pay other talent.

However, after 2021 they are in a royally screwed. Mahomes will be at 17% of cap for 2022 and almost 19% for 2023. His cap number does drop to reasonable levels after that though.

8 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

However, after 2021 they are in a royally screwed. Mahomes will be at 17% of cap for 2022 and almost 19% for 2023. His cap number does drop to reasonable levels after that though.

Given his age, they can amend his contract (if they choose to....) in order to make the present less painful cap-wise. 

46 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

While I agree with you to a point, I disagree with the Mahomes thing, you are just too soon to say that. The Chiefs are where they are (they aint in that bad a shape) not because of what they are paying Mahomes.

Last year he accounted for 2.42% of the Chiefs cap and this year he is at 3.94% of cap, so this has not restricted them in being competitive, they still got dosh to to pay other talent.

You’re forgetting a couple things.

First, the Chiefs are last in the NFL in points allowed.

Second, the draft capital dilemma presents itself here. They’ve had low end first round picks in each of the last 3 years.

Draft capital as it relates to Super Bowl wins is one thing nobody can argue with.

The Buccaneers don’t win last year if they weren’t in position to get a franchise LT and Winfield.

We went Love and Dillon.

That was the difference.

• Like 1