Vixen Twins watch Wild Wolves and Loony Lynx (MN Sports Thread)

Heimdallr

12 hours ago, wcblack34 said:

Personally, I love NBA basketball in person. The athleticism pops so much more than on TV. I like hocky live, but prefer the NBA. I'd rank live sports as follows:

NBA

NHL

FUTBOL

MLB

NFL

But I still love NFL games. It's just that it's much easier to follow on TV, and if you're in a corner or end zone, you don't have a great view of the action half the game.

I can't really comment much on basketball in person...my 2 experiences were a preseason game here in KC between the Wolves and Miami and the Metrodome in the Wolves' first season, when we were up in the $1 nosebleeds in the upper deck and couldn't see squat. So, I don't know what it's like watching it at the Target Center, but the issue I have with watching basketball in person is the angles aren't great from the seats...and the atmosphere is nothing like it is in hockey.  

Of course, we'll need the MLS crowd like @Heimdallr in here to tell us how the soccer atmosphere is so much better than hockey.  😂

1 hour ago, swede700 said:

Of course, we'll need the MLS crowd like @Heimdallr in here to tell us how the soccer atmosphere is so much better than hockey.  😂

Does it even need to be said??

for MN specifically, Allianz field is incredible. The best of the bunch IMO.

• Like 1

MINNEAPOLIS — Don't look now, but the series is all tied up.

After dropping back-to-back games to the Minnesota Timberwolves to begin their second-round playoff series, the Denver Nuggets have come back to life to even the best-of-seven set, 2-2.

Denver went on a strong run to end the first quarter of Game 4 and never looked back, en route to a 115-107 win at Target Center on Sunday night. 

https://www.9news.com/article/sports/nba/denver-nuggets/nuggets-timberwolves-game-4-nba-playoff-series/73-7bcbdd4d-da2e-4294-9507-85f7aa14b643?

hey guys, what's going on here...?

15 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

hey guys, what's going on here...

Two good teams battling. The Wolves delivered to heavy blows in the first two games, and they just got dealt two heavy blows. 

It was fun seeing the Wolves go up 2-0 against Denver, but anyone who thought that the Nuggets were just going to fold up tents and head on vacation was delusional. 

• Like 1

Wolves haven't lost 3 in a row all year, we'll see if that trend continues Tuesday night. Denver shot lights out in games 3 and 4 and we couldn't buy a bucket at times. Really needed more from KAT, NAW, and McDaniels last night. Also would have like to see more Naz Reid, 11 minutes for the 6th man of the year doesn't seem like enough.

*These are my non-elite basketball mind thoughts.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

Wolves haven't lost 3 in a row all year, we'll see if that trend continues Tuesday night. Denver shot lights out in games 2 and 4 and we couldn't buy a bucket at times. Really needed more from KAT, NAW, and McDaniels last night. Also would have like to see more Naz Reid, 11 minutes for the 6th man of the year doesn't seem like enough.

*These are my non-elite basketball mind thoughts.

Naz seems to give Jokic a little more trouble than Rudy, but Rudy is ket against guy like Murry and Porter (redirecting and rim protection). Naz also provides scoring sparks that Rudy doesn't. They definitely need to find a way to split more time between Rudy, KAT and Naz. It will keep Jokic off-balance and keep KAT and Rudy out of foul trouble.

Also, the team fell apart last night when Ant wasn't on the floor. When he was out there, they outscored the Nuggets by 5. When he wasn't, they were outscored by 13...in only 2 minutes and 40 seconds.

I think Game 5 is a must win for the Wolves. I have faith in their ability to split the final two with Denver. I don't have faith in them to win the final two. 

• Like 1

NBA 2023-24 Season Averages

FG% 47.4
3P% 36.6

Game 1:
MIN: 52.4/40.7
DEN: 46.7/41.9

Game 2:
MIN: 50.0/39.4
DEN: 34.9/30.0

Game 3:
MIN: 43.7/30.3
DEN: 53.8/48.3

Game 4:
MIN: 47.6/39.3
DEN: 57.0/44.8

Those are incredible shooting %'s against a very good defense. 

On 5/13/2024 at 11:03 AM, VikeManDan said:

FG% 47.4
3P% 36.6

Game 1:

Game 2:

Game 3:

Game 4:

The way the games are called have an impact as well. It's the #1 reason I can't stand the NBA.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Nzd07 said:

The way the games are called have an impact as well. It's the #1 reason I can't stand the NBA.

Yes, the officiating is intolerable. Easily the worst of the big 4 sports. I do appreciate the ref T'ing up Malone last night, that other ref in Game 2 let him walk all over him. Have some respect for yourself.

On 5/13/2024 at 11:03 AM, VikeManDan said:

FG% 47.4
3P% 36.6

Game 1:

Game 2:

Game 3:

Game 4:

Game 5:
MIN: 48.7/30.8
DEN: 55/47.4

Another lights out night for Denver. Jokic was unstoppable last night.