Vixen Twins watch Wild Wolves and Loony Lynx (MN Sports Thread)

Heimdallr

24 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

How is the depth in the bullpen? I'm sure they'll find room for Stewart but would it make sense to make room for paddock or alcala beyond that they haven't pitched in a while?

I doubt it. For the playoffs, Ryan or Maeda is in the bullpen in round 1. Maybe Kuechel too. Stewart, imo, is a lock for the post season if healthy and effective the next two weeks. The others? I just don't see it.

As for Lewis and CC....ugh. Just. Ugh. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

How is the depth in the bullpen? I'm sure they'll find room for Stewart but would it make sense to make room for paddock or alcala beyond that they haven't pitched in a while?

I'd rather have Paddack or Alcala than Floro, and probably Funderburk. Paddack out of the pen would be really nice. If they can line up the playoff rotation to be:

Lopez
Gray
Ryan
Ober

The BP should probably be Stewart, Jax, Theilbar, Duran, Maeda, Varland, Winder, Paddack, Pagan.

Just now, JDBrocks said:

I'd rather have Paddack or Alcala than Floro, and probably Funderburk. Paddack out of the pen would be really nice. If they can line up the playoff rotation to be:

Lopez
Gray
Ryan
Ober

The BP should probably be Stewart, Jax, Theilbar, Duran, Maeda, Varland, Winder, Paddack, Pagan.

They'll carry less pitchers in round 1, imo....Ober might not even be on the roster in round 1. 

5 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

They'll carry less pitchers in round 1, imo....Ober might not even be on the roster in round 1. 

That's fair. I'd make Ober the 4th starter and stack him and Ryan with Maeda/Winder/Varland if they advance. I don't like Ryan or Ober coming out of the pen. Idk if Keuchel makes the post season roster.

19 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

That's fair. I'd make Ober the 4th starter and stack him and Ryan with Maeda/Winder/Varland if they advance. I don't like Ryan or Ober coming out of the pen. Idk if Keuchel makes the post season roster.

I am unsure on Keuchel.....I think he might work out of the pen, but I'd be ok if he's not there. I also don't like Ryan/Ober in the bullpen, but one of them will be there in round 1 to mop up if one of the others has a bad start.

NONE of which will matter if Lewis and CC are out or hobbled. Sigh.

1 minute ago, vikesfan89 said:

Hasn't Maeda better than Ryan lately? Any chance of him being the 3rd starter?

How do the playoff rosters work? Can anyone be left off and then added next round or do they still need to have options left?

Ye, and I'm betting yes.

They do not need options, they aren't being sent down. They have to be on the 40 man by Sep 1, unless someone goes to the IL, then a team can petition to add a player (the TWins have 2-3 chances to do this, though I don't see anyone not on the 40 man being called up).