Vixen Twins watch Wild Wolves and Loony Lynx (MN Sports Thread)

Heimdallr

16 minutes ago, Sad People said:

I remember a few years ago (maybe longer) he was a pretty big deal in the card collecting community. Is he finally starting to come around as a player?

He's still on the schedule they had set out for him. If anything, this outburst shows they might have been able to bring him along more quickly. I thnk there might have been a couple of injuries though. Still, this has been awesome to watch. He's carrying the entrire team right now. If they want to have any chance of advancing in the postseason, they're going to need his bat to stay hot. 

• Like 1

Yeah, lewis had an abdominal muscle issue that cost him a good chunk of the middle of the season after coming on strong from his ACL recovery. It's always health with this team. I wonder how many of those Sonny Gray 1 or 2 run support games would have been wins if Lewis was healthy.

Lewis is so damn fun to watch. Next year we should see

Julien (DH)
Lewis (2B)
Correa (SS)
Kirilloff (1B)
Wallner (LF)
Kepler (RF)
Buxton (CF) (lol)
Lee (3B)
Jeffers (C)

Add Austin Martin next year and then Walker Jenkins in just over a year and that's an incredibly talented team. 

Walker Jenkins Is CRUSHING A ball pitching right now (.438/.455/.656 1.111 OPS) despite being over 3 years younger than the average age in that league. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

Yeah, lewis had an abdominal muscle issue that cost him a good chunk of the middle of the season after coming on strong from his ACL recovery. It's always health with this team. I wonder how many of those Sonny Gray 1 or 2 run support games would have been wins if Lewis was healthy.

Lewis is so damn fun to watch. Next year we should see

Julien (DH)
Lewis (2B)
Correa (SS)
Kirilloff (1B)
Wallner (LF)
Kepler (RF)
Buxton (CF) (lol)
Lee (3B)
Jeffers (C)

Add Austin Martin next year and then Walker Jenkins in just over a year and that's an incredibly talented team. 

Walker Jenkins Is CRUSHING A ball pitching right now (.438/.455/.656 1.111 OPS) despite being over 3 years younger than the average age in that league. 

There's reason for optimism, for sure. Just have to hope we can develp some arms before that offensive window opens and this pitching window closes. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

There's reason for optimism, for sure. Just have to hope we can develp some arms before that offensive window opens and this pitching window closes. 

Lopez and Ryan and Ober are solid 2/3/4 options. I have no reason to believe that the FO will go after a true ace. Varland could be a 3/4 guy, too, if they don't opt to keep him in the BP. Could also get Paddack and Mahle back, but who know's where they'll be at or if they can ever be healthy. 

Very lucky to be in the AL central, but this team should be fun to watch offensively at minimum. If they can get some injury luck they could have a very competitive window. Just need to stop being stupid and let the kids play.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

Lopez and Ryan and Ober are solid 2/3/4 options. I have no reason to believe that the FO will go after a true ace. Varland could be a 3/4 guy, too, if they don't opt to keep him in the BP. Could also get Paddack and Mahle back, but who know's where they'll be at or if they can ever be healthy. 

Very lucky to be in the AL central, but this team should be fun to watch offensively at minimum. If they can get some injury luck they could have a very competitive window. Just need to stop being stupid and let the kids play.

The Front Office also needs to be willing to go after rentals at the deadline too. If they aren't going to make a move for a true ace, they need to make sure the bullpen is outstanding. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wcblack34 said:

He's still on the schedule they had set out for him. If anything, this outburst shows they might have been able to bring him along more quickly. I thnk there might have been a couple of injuries though. Still, this has been awesome to watch. He's carrying the entrire team right now. If they want to have any chance of advancing in the postseason, they're going to need his bat to stay hot. 

He actually has torn his ACL twice. I was worried he was going to be a bust for awhile. He didn’t do much in the minors his first two seasons, then he didn’t play because of Covid, then he tore his ACL in 2021. When he came back in 2022 he started to show some promise before tearing his ACL again.

Look at him now though. Hopefully he stays healthy.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

It took 59 minutes, but PJ Fleck still can’t help making a boneheaded decision that makes you question his football acumen.

Fleck should do nothing but recruit and give the pre-game pep talk. Everyone else should call the plays and handle personnel. 

• Like 1

On 9/5/2023 at 10:52 AM, wcblack34 said:

The Front Office also needs to be willing to go after rentals at the deadline too. If they aren't going to make a move for a true ace, they need to make sure the bullpen is outstanding. 

It's nice that the young kids are coming up to improve the team.  It would have been nice to add a bullpen arm but when was the last time they've successfully added someone at the deadline.  The last few years it seems like they would been better off adding no one

On 9/10/2023 at 9:36 AM, wcblack34 said:

Fleck should do nothing but recruit and give the pre-game pep talk. Everyone else should call the plays and handle personnel. 

Well, he doesn't actually make any play calls, I imagine, outside of telling them to run or pass.  However, yes, he has a propensity to be a mediocre game-day coach...which again was evidenced by this last game. 

Stewart, Gordon, and maybe Buxton up for Floro, Stevenson, and Luplow? Honestly the only one that I really care about is Stewart. A back end of Stewart, Jax, Theilbar, Varland, and Duran is pretty nice.

I wonder if they'll try to fit Paddack in, too, if he's fully recovered. even if it's just to rest some of the higher inning guys before the playoffs.

Since I was at Target Field last weekend for the SDSU-Drake game, I just wanted to let you know that I bought a Royce Lewis Twin Cities button-up jersey.  Maybe that'll give me a reason to start paying attention again.  🤣  The last Twins item I got was a Mauer button-up probably about 15 yrs ago.  

• Like 3