Vixen Twins watch Wild Wolves and Loony Lynx (MN Sports Thread)

Heimdallr

3 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

Twins put in 3 waiver claims on players released the past two days. Not sure if they got anyone, but Harrison Bader, Mike Clevinger, Lucas Gialito, and Carlos Carasco were at the top of the list. 

Lopez, Bader, Moore, please. I'm out on the rest of them. No Clevinger ever.

14 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

I have zero interest in another bad hitting OF. Give me Martin or just wait for Buxton. Would love the bullpen arms!

I agree on Martin, but realistically that's not going to happen given what the FO has done this year. Bader has crushed LHP this year (1.079 OPS), so that's why I'd be in on him.

14 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

I agree on Martin, but realistically that's not going to happen given what the FO has done this year. Bader has crushed LHP this year (1.079 OPS), so that's why I'd be in on him.

Agreed on the FO....sigh. They didn't even want Julien or Wallner up, sending them back down only to have to call them back up due to injury. I'm ready for them to be gone, or wake up and trust their system more....I won't rebel if they get Bader, he's just not my cup of tea. (he's 100x the player Luplow is though)

10 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

PJ Fleck is just not a good coach. There are a lot of things that he does extremely well with the football program. But when it comes to “Saturday”, the guy just doesn’t do anything well. He gets out coached a lot. 

Yet he somehow manages to win 63% of the games since he's been head coach at the U.  It's really remarkable (I do kind of agree with you).  I especially figured the game was going to be ugly since Nebraska has a new coach, new scheme and new players.  I imagine watching tape of his tenures at Temple and Baylor weren't going to be a whole lot of help.   He's already the winningest coach in Gophers history since Bernie Bierman (percentage-wise) and could catch Mason in wins in the next 2 years. 

Edited by swede700