Vixen Twins watch Wild Wolves and Loony Lynx (MN Sports Thread)

Heimdallr

Load management sucks for the fans. Yes, I get that there is more of the players' bodies demanded today. But they're also light years ahead of their predecessors in treatment and nutrition. They're also compensated far more greatly than they were in past eras. So when a premier player like Kawhi Leonard plays a fraction of the team's games for "load management," a fan who may be attending their only NBA game of the season gets screwed out of seeing the product at its best.

I get both sides. And I never begrudge a player for looking out for his wallet and his health. But the prevalence of load management has hurt the fan experience. 

I feel the same way about Rocco's strict adherence to pitch counts (which he seems to have loosened slightly).

• Like 1

20 hours ago, wcblack34 said:

Load management sucks for the fans. Yes, I get that there is more of the players' bodies demanded today. But they're also light years ahead of their predecessors in treatment and nutrition. They're also compensated far more greatly than they were in past eras. So when a premier player like Kawhi Leonard plays a fraction of the team's games for "load management," a fan who may be attending their only NBA game of the season gets screwed out of seeing the product at its best.

I get both sides. And I never begrudge a player for looking out for his wallet and his health. But the prevalence of load management has hurt the fan experience. 

I feel the same way about Rocco's strict adherence to pitch counts (which he seems to have loosened slightly).

Agreed.

Rocco pulled guys early last year because they sucked, not due to some kind of analytical approach. When they had good pitchers, they pitched more. It's really that simple. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PrplChilPill said:

Agreed.

Rocco pulled guys early last year because they sucked, not due to some kind of analytical approach. When they had good pitchers, they pitched more. It's really that simple. 

While I won't comment on the whole pitching analytics thing, I do really appreciate the new pitch clock.  When I was in Chicago last month, I went to Wrigley to see a Cubs-Nationals game and was out around 9 o'clock.  Can't beat that. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, swede700 said:

While I won't comment on the whole pitching analytics thing, I do really appreciate the new pitch clock.  When I was in Chicago last month, I went to Wrigley to see a Cubs-Nationals game and was out around 9 o'clock.  Can't beat that. 

best change in sports' rules in years!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PrplChilPill said:

Agreed.

Twins starting pitchers have the 3rd highest IP per start in MLB this year.

• Like 1

Unbelievable turnaround for Kepler. Since the ASB he's slashing  .317/.376/.607 with an 161 OPS+ 

If they manage to sweep the guardians this week, I'd love to see them call up Lee and Martin. They probably won't, but they are going to run away with the division and this is the perfect time to get some of the future of the team some exposure.

• Like 1