Vixen Twins watch Wild Wolves and Loony Lynx (MN Sports Thread)

Heimdallr

1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

So, what are the expectations surrounding Walker Jenkins?

And, can we change his name to LeRoy?

Time’s up - let’s do this!

He should immediately be the second best if not the best prospect in the Twin’s org. He might play CF, but would be above average corner outfielder, has power to all fields, good speed. 

Michael Cuddyer coached him on team USA and called him “Captain America”.

should take ~3 years to get to the Majors.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, JDBrocks said:

Time’s up - let’s do this!

He should immediately be the second best if not the best prospect in the Twin’s org. He might play CF, but would be above average corner outfielder, has power to all fields, good speed. 

Michael Cuddyer coached him on team USA and called him “Captain America”.

should take ~3 years to get to the Majors.

At least he has chicken.

Fleck's culture would have never worked for me, but I think that stuff that all came up yesterday was pure nonsense (seems to happen every year about this time).  It was all based on some bitterness from some players that left a long time ago.  They didn't even have the nerve to back it up by attaching their names to it. 

The "Gus Bus" is back with the Wild for another 3-years.

https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/38108476/wild-filip-gustavsson-reach-3-year-deal-ahead-arbitration

Unless MAF is traded it looks like they'll roll with those 2 again in 2023-24. Good deal for team and player and it gives Wallstedt another year of seasoning. I see it shaking out as follows:

2023: 1 Gus, 2 MAF
2024: 1 Gus, 2 Wallstedt
2025: 1a Gus (UFA), 1b Wallstedt
2026: 1 Wallstedt

That assumes that Gus stays around his level of play from last season.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

The future is near: Young St. Paul Saints went crazy last night with Lewis, Larnach, and Severino all homering. Brooks Lee and Royce Lewis on the left side of the infield was very cool to see.

I hope the future is near, because it seems we've been hearing that for a couple of decades now and it busts. This year is particularly frustrating, as this is the best pitching staff we've had for many, many years and they just stood pat at the trade deadline. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

I hope the future is near, because it seems we've been hearing that for a couple of decades now and it busts. This year is particularly frustrating, as this is the best pitching staff we've had for many, many years and they just stood pat at the trade deadline. 

Feels more real now for some reason. Honestly, it's all health. A future infield of Lewis, Lee, Correa, and Kirilloff should be solid defensively, and will move Julien to DH. Larnach, Buxton (if he can play CF again 🥴) and Wallner feels like a good outfield, and Jeffers feels like he gets better the more he plays. That's a strong lineup top to bottom if healthy.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JDBrocks said:

Feels more real now for some reason. Honestly, it's all health. A future infield of Lewis, Lee, Correa, and Kirilloff should be solid defensively, and will move Julien to DH. Larnach, Buxton (if he can play CF again 🥴) and Wallner feels like a good outfield, and Jeffers feels like he gets better the more he plays. That's a strong lineup top to bottom if healthy.

I don't count on anything from Buxton. If he's not playing in the field, he's simply eating up salary as a bad DH. It's sad to think what he could be if he wasn't made of glass.