Vixen Twins watch Wild Wolves and Loony Lynx (MN Sports Thread)

Heimdallr

NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport announced, “After working out at mandatory minicamp, the Falcons are signing former Minnesota kicker Matthew Trickett to a 3-year contract, source said. He can take some kicks off Bradley Pinion and Younghoe Koo in the preseason and ATL can work to develop him.”

The Ohio native will now likely live on the Falcons practice squad until something happens to Koo, one of the league’s best kickers.

https://vikingsterritory.com/2023/news/analysis/minnesota-kicker?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

6 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

The Twins are infuriating.

Gallo is just embarrassing. 

Rocco should have been fired two years ago. His unwavering commitment to Pagan and his refusal to let starters go deep into games when they’re lights out are fireable offenses. And don’t get me started on the Buxton hitting lead off and DH’ing BS. 

36 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

Rocco should have been fired two years ago. His unwavering commitment to Pagan and his refusal to let starters go deep into games when they’re lights out are fireable offenses. And don’t get me started on the Buxton hitting lead off and DH’ing BS. 

He doesn't pick the roster. The starters are third or so in the league in innings pitched this year, now that they have starters that are good. You think Buxton is healthy enough to play the field, but the team is dhing him? 

16 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

The spiral continued for the Twins. The top five batters went 2-for-20, the bullpen faltered at a crucial moment and the Red Sox cruised to a 9-3 win at Target Field.

Star Trib

How much longer can ownership tolerate this front office and manager?  While I'm certainly not an expert, since I don't pay all that close of attention, but it seems that this team has continually underachieved since Rocco was hired. 

1 hour ago, swede700 said:

How much longer can ownership tolerate this front office and manager?  While I'm certainly not an expert, since I don't pay all that close of attention, but it seems that this team has continually underachieved since Rocco was hired. 

2021 was a bad year, but last year was a product of losing far and away the most innings due to injury in MLB. I think Rocco is a fine manager, not great, but there aren't many great alternatives out there. He's got the best Winning % as a Twins manager of anyone from this century, despite the lack of an ace and a limited budget.

The front office's insistence in keeping failing players is mind boggling. There's loads of minor league talent, and we keep seeing the Kepler and Gallo black holes in the lineup.

IMO the blame falls in this order:

Front Office
Hitting coach
Players
Rocco

Edited by JDBrocks

1 hour ago, JDBrocks said:

2021 was a bad year, but last year was a product of losing far and away the most innings due to injury in MLB. I think Rocco is a fine manager, not great, but there aren't many great alternatives out there. He's got the best Winning % as a Twins manager of anyone from this century, despite the lack of an ace and a limited budget.

The front office's insistence in keeping failing players is mind boggling. There's loads of minor league talent, and we keep seeing the Kepler and Gallo black holes in the lineup.

IMO the blame falls in this order:

Front Office
Hitting coach
Players
Rocco

I'd agree with FO as the primary issue. I have no idea what the other order is. 

Las year the FO gave Rocco 1 good starting pitcher, and 3 bad ones, and a question mark. Then they played the last two months with their 7th and 8th OFers starting every game. Not to mention it was their best players hurt......That's not sustainable.

This year? They went all in on OF depth, but refuse to move on from Kepler even though he hasn't hit for three years. They also seem incapable of moving on from Pagan.......All of that is on the FO, not the manager. The bullpen has three players they can mostly count on. Yikes. 

I'd like Kepler and Pagan gone now. I'd like Gray and Polanco dealt at the deadline. I'd probably trade Gallo if anyone will take him (someone will). 

I saw several tweets about it this morning, but look back at 2015 when the Vikings had a 2nd yr QB in Teddy Bridgewater, rookies Stefon Diggs, Eric Kendricks and Danielle Hunter, the Twins had rookies Miguel Sano and Byron Buxton, the Timberwolves had rookie KAT, and the Wild drafted Joel Eriksson Ek, Jordan Greenway and Kirill Kaprizov.  Oh, such optimism that everyone had...🤣

• Like 2

2 hours ago, swede700 said:

I saw several tweets about it this morning, but look back at 2015 when the Vikings had a 2nd yr QB in Teddy Bridgewater, rookies Stefon Diggs, Eric Kendricks and Danielle Hunter, the Twins had rookies Miguel Sano and Byron Buxton, the Timberwolves had rookie KAT, and the Wild drafted Joel Eriksson Ek, Jordan Greenway and Kirill Kaprizov.  Oh, such optimism that everyone had...🤣

Kirill and Jesper Wallstedt will bring Minnesota a championship....in 2026. 

The other teams ... Ehhhhh