Vixen Twins watch Wild Wolves and Loony Lynx (MN Sports Thread)

Heimdallr

1 minute ago, JDBrocks said:

He's been fine in low leverage situations. I wouldn't say "good".

No runs allowed other than 2 times, right? That's good, even if it is low leverage. I didn't want him back, to be clear, but he's fine in the spot he's in.

Overall, good  series. The umps stole game 1, the Twins won game two, this looks like a loss. Not bad on the road against the Dodgers.

21 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

More ugliness 🥴

Aaron has been posting this since pagan got here. I didn't understand keeping him....I really don't get it. He almost looked like he was redeeming himself at one point this year.... Hence my being ok with him at the back end....

• 2 weeks later...

Big Ten is going divisionless in 2024 when USC and UCLA join.  Gophers' protected games are with Iowa and Wisconsin.  Every two years, the Gophers will get a home and home with another opponent...for 24/25 it'll be Nebraska.  In 2024, their home opponents are Indiana, Michigan, Nebraska, UCLA and Wisconsin.  Road opponents will be Iowa, Northwestern, Ohio St, and Rutgers.  In 2025, home opponents will be Illinois, Iowa, Penn St, and Purdue.  Road opponents will be Maryland, Michigan St, Nebraska, USC and Wisconsin. 

https://bigten.org/news/2023/6/8/big-ten-conference-announces-exciting-future-football-schedule-formats-for-2024-and-2025.aspx?

Edited by swede700
  • Like 1

The team at College Football Network: let’s project every starting running back for the 2023 college football season and rank them from 1-133.

Allow us to introduce to you the top college running backs in the nation.

58) Sean Tyler | Minnesota

Big Ten Rank: 7/14

The first of two consecutive transfers into the Big Ten on our list of top college running backs is Sean Tyler, who was recruited by Minnesota from the transfer portal to fill the void left by the record-setting production of Mohamed Ibrahim, who departed for the NFL. Tyler will form an explosive duo with highly-rated true freshman Darius Taylor.

https://collegefootballnetwork.com/top-college-running-back-rankings-2023/

What to take from this rankings list...just imagine if Bucky Irving had stayed at Minnesota...

11 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

Pretty much a basic summary of how most people view KAT. 

KAT has always had that issue of saying unrealistic things about himself.  It's fine to "have dreams" like a guy said on Twitter, but KAT has shown very little ability to work on improving his game over time, so those words are meaningless.  He's a very good player, but that's all he'll ever be at this point.  He's not a game-changer and never will be.  This past 2 years in fact, they've been a better team when he's not on the court than when he is.

Edited by swede700

Went to my first international soccer games last night. Watched Canada defeat Panama and then watched the USMNT dismantle Mexico. Great experience, for the most part. The game had to be stopped twice because Mexico's fans were chanting slurs. They threw beers and water bottles at players, and got in a bunch of fights in the stands. The game was chippy to begin with, but once USA scored their second goal it got worse. When USA went ahead 3-0, it appeared that Mexico was trying to injure players and institgate yellow/red cards. In the end, the refs called the game with five minutes left in stoppage time because of the slurs and stuff getting thrown on the pitch. Pretty disgraceful behavior. 

However, team USA looked like a machine that's ready to compete with on the world stage with the best of them. By the time the World Cup rolls around in 2026, they might be ready to make a deep run. 

• Like 3