Vixen Twins watch Wild Wolves and Loony Lynx (MN Sports Thread)

Heimdallr

20 hours ago, wcblack34 said:

Kirill and Jesper Wallstedt will bring Minnesota a championship....in 2026. 

The other teams ... Ehhhhh

Well be peaking right when the Blackhawks start their next dynasty with Connor Effing Bedard. Cant believe they got him

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sad People said:

Well be peaking right when the Blackhawks start their next dynasty with Connor Effing Bedard. Cant believe they got him

😎 Seems almost too good to be true that it happened the EXACT SAME season that we lost our two generational players lol.

8 minutes ago, Sad People said:

I'll be honest this is kinda going over my head hahah can you expand a bit please?

It feels very unlikely that the 'Hawks got lucky enough to land Bedard the same year that Toews and Kane likely finish their 'Hawks careers. I'm not complaining, but I don't think it was an accident. (I'm a Blackhawks fan).

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

It feels very unlikely that the 'Hawks got lucky enough to land Bedard the same year that Toews and Kane likely finish their 'Hawks careers. I'm not complaining, but I don't think it was an accident. (I'm a Blackhawks fan).

Na it was premeditated

22 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

Let's get out of round 1 first...

In Jesper I Trust.

I have to. It's the only MN sports optimism left in me. Mostly because he's still 2 seasons away (although I wish they'd bring him up next year and give him some starts against the big boys at the end of the season). I still have time to dream that he's the next Patrick Roy before the inevitble disappointment sets in.

4 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

In Jesper I Trust.

I have to. It's the only MN sports optimism left in me. Mostly because he's still 2 seasons away (although I wish they'd bring him up next year and give him some starts against the big boys at the end of the season). I still have time to dream that he's the next Patrick Roy before the inevitble disappointment sets in.

In a perfect world for 2023-24:

Trade MAF.
Resign Gus Bus
Bring up Wallstedt

Roll with the Gus Bus/Wallstedt tandem for the foreseeable future.

Wallstedt will be up with the Wild no later than the start of the 2024-25 season, so 1 season away at worst IMO.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

In a perfect world for 2023-24:

Trade MAF.
Resign Gus Bus
Bring up Wallstedt

Roll with the Gus Bus/Wallstedt tandem for the foreseeable future.

Wallstedt will be up with the Wild no later than the start of the 2024-25 season, so 1 season away at worst IMO.

I'd be on board with that

Very good move for the Wolves, I don't think they would have beat the Nuggets in the playoffs with him, but missing him and Jaden McDaniels really changed that series.

And solid series win for the Twins. Like to see that they can come back this year, as compared to previous years.

• Like 1

On 6/16/2023 at 8:43 AM, wcblack34 said:

The game had to be stopped twice because Mexico's fans were chanting slurs. They threw beers and water bottles at players, and got in a bunch of fights in the stands.

Sadly completely expected from Mexico. One of the worst fanbases in the world for any sport. At this point it is on CONCACAF and FIFA because it happens over and over and over and they never get punished. 

• Like 1