Vixen Twins watch Wild Wolves and Loony Lynx (MN Sports Thread)

Heimdallr

Minneapolis has been ranked second in a "Most Neighborly Cities in America" poll, via Neighbor.com

Minneapolis moved up from last year's list, where it ranked No. 13 overall. Neighbor.com credits high levels of charity work and volunteering among its residents for its rise up the list.

"This neighborly city has more to offer than its Midwest hospitality. It is known for its countless blue lakes, thriving art scene and high-end entertainment and cuisine joints. Plus it’s a short drive from City Center to the Mall of America! With so much to do around the city, we can see why people move here and then plan to stay," Neighbor writes.

https://bringmethenews.com/minnesota-lifestyle/minneapolis-ranked-the-no-2-most-neighborly-city-in-america-per-poll?fbclid=IwAR0lBq_8CIOrvxVPkO-aJfmsQpM2REktFB_0PC4lSVsRk38cnr4da0s9YdA

• Like 2

The Medtronic Twin Cities Marathon in Minnesota scheduled to take place Sunday was canceled due to concerns of record-setting heat, according to a news release.

Sunday in Minneapolis and St. Paul will be the hottest day of the week with record-setting temperatures close to 90 degrees Fahrenheit possible in the afternoon, according to the National Weather Service.

The annual marathon, organized by Twin Cities in Motion, was canceled early Sunday morning.

NBCNews.com

17 hours ago, vike daddy said:

The Medtronic Twin Cities Marathon in Minnesota scheduled to take place Sunday was canceled due to concerns of record-setting heat, according to a news release.

Sunday in Minneapolis and St. Paul will be the hottest day of the week with record-setting temperatures close to 90 degrees Fahrenheit possible in the afternoon, according to the National Weather Service.

The annual marathon, organized by Twin Cities in Motion, was canceled early Sunday morning.

NBCNews.com

Hottest temp ever recorded in October in the Twin Cities yesterday

• Like 1

Twins vs Blue Jays for the start of the playoffs. 

And sounds like Royce Lewis and other Twins on the IL (Buxton) got in a simulated game yesterday. So hopefully at least Lewis is back for the playoffs. And Correa hopefully back sooner rather than later, Buxton, meh.

12 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

And sounds like Royce Lewis and other Twins on the IL (Buxton) got in a simulated game yesterday. So hopefully at least Lewis is back for the playoffs. And Correa hopefully back sooner rather than later, Buxton, meh.

As long as Joe Carter doesn't suit up for the Jays or Jimmy Key is not pitching for them, they'll be okay.  😉

6 hours ago, The Gnat said:

I think the Twins win this series....but having Lewis back would be huge (I would rather not have Buxton hobble around and take up a spot, unless he's 90% or healthier)

3 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

My wife and I had our first date that night...

That was my senior year of HS...and school still ran only 2 hours late.  🤣

I think it was just a year or 2 before that when my parents lost our car in a flood because so much rain came down it filled up the parking lot of our apartment complex, which was below ground level (although it was still outside).