Vixen Twins watch Wild Wolves and Loony Lynx (MN Sports Thread)

Heimdallr

6 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

I'd think that might be awkward for the new manager.....but I could be wrong on that.

It's probably the right move, but the key is the replacement.....

I don't think it would be that awkward, most likely Molitor would be doing like Hunter/Morneau/Cuddyer/Hawkins are doing where they help in spring training and then bounce around the minors helping there. He won't be doing much with the major league team, that would be my guess.

2 hours ago, PrplChilPill said:

I'd think that might be awkward for the new manager.....but I could be wrong on that.

It's probably the right move, but the key is the replacement.....

I wouldn't think it's all that awkward...as far as I could tell, Molitor never really wanted to manage in the first place.  This will allow him to do what I thought he was more comfortable doing...and that's being a roving instructor.  

19 minutes ago, Klomp said:

Managing your 2019 Minnesota Twins........Joseph Mauer.

If that were to happen, I'd be pounding on the "dislike" button.  I want them to completely get away from anything associated with the "Twins Way."  It's time for a clean break.  

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, swede700 said:

If that were to happen, I'd be pounding on the "dislike" button.  I want them to completely get away from anything associated with the "Twins Way."  It's time for a clean break.  

The only way that will ever happen is when they change ownership. 

15 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

The only way that will ever happen is when they change ownership. 

There is some truth to it, but it's not completely true.  Since the younger Pohlad took over the franchise, things have changed somewhat.  But, the style of play that they have built over the last 20+ years (the "Twins' Way" that I'm referring to) clearly doesn't win anymore.  If you believe that a change in ownership will affect their ability to attract free agents, then you're mistaken.  A simple ownership change doesn't change that...that requires a complete economic restructuring of the entire sport.