Chase Daniel
Mark Sanchez
Josh McCown
Darren Sproles
Kenjon Barner
Terrelle Pryor
Jordan Matthews
Trey Burton

Find Burton the most intriguing.  A unique weapon to work with Rudolph and Morgan at TE.  Would be a nice group.

21 hours ago, RJWSkol24 said:

Think it may depend on Newman.  Rhodes/Waynes/Alexander ideally chew up a lot of snaps (presuming Alexander takes another step forward).  If Newman is not back, would not mind a veteran with some versatility, though I cannot speak to how versatile Amerson is.  Otherwise a rookie to develop behind Waynes seems likely given he is up for contract renewal soon.

I'm hoping Alexander takes that third-year jump similar to what we've seen from Rhoades and Waynes. Then #4 is just gravy.

2 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

I don't think Pryor fits well in that role. Didn't do anything last year.

Last year may be the outlier. The good thing about that is he won't command top dollar. 

At the very least, he probably gives us more than Floyd or Treadwell.

Just now, vikingsrule said:

I'd think Zimmer would want someone like Leon Hall or Johnathan Joseph as the #4 if Newman retires.

I could see Joseph.

i believe according to a few Bengals fans on the old site they said Zimmer and Hall seemed to get in a few disagreements on the field. Not all that buddy buddy. Also Hall with his age has looked like garbage since he had that one big hit on prime time when he played for the Giants.

Typically when a OC gets hired you see 1 or 2 skill players that are free agents follow them to the new team.

current Eagles skill position free agents:

Trey Burton

Darren Sproles

LeGarrette Blount

Kenjon Burner.

Burner would be a non surprise to me if McKinnon leaves to be a RB #3. Would be cheap, and has plenty of special teams experience.

14 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Burton seems like a perfect piece to add, but I don’t know if he’s worth the money he’s likely going to command when considering that he’s going to be a complimentary piece. 

This is the last year with any cap penalties on Rudolph’s contract. Next year Rudolph could end up being cut. 

Another option is also trying to convince Rudolph to take a pay cut through an extension to help make room.

Rudolph, Burton, Morgan would be a good combo.

Id assume his contract would be pretty similar to Bennett’s contract per year when he signed with the Packers last year.

Archived