2018 Free Agents

gopherwrestler

2 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

I'd rather just draft his brother Lowell. Star isn't the answer.

Yeah it wouldn’t be my first choice but better then Tom Johnson. Also Muhammad Wilkerson is likely to be cut, we could take a flyer on him. I just don’t want Johnson back, he’s not terrible but he gets pushed around in the run game it seems. And doesn’t get very much pressure/push vs the pass. 

4 hours ago, Eric dunn said:

Yeah it wouldn’t be my first choice but better then Tom Johnson. Also Muhammad Wilkerson is likely to be cut, we could take a flyer on him. I just don’t want Johnson back, he’s not terrible but he gets pushed around in the run game it seems. And doesn’t get very much pressure/push vs the pass. 

I’m all about bringing in Wilkerson! If he is cut we should sign him or I would even be willing to trade a pick for him.  He is a beast, but has been stuck playing out of position with the Jets.  I dare to say that Wilkerson could be better than Linval in a 4-3 defense.

11 hours ago, Kparty15 said:

I’m all about bringing in Wilkerson! If he is cut we should sign him or I would even be willing to trade a pick for him.  He is a beast, but has been stuck playing out of position with the Jets.  I dare to say that Wilkerson could be better than Linval in a 4-3 defense.

He has a cancerous personality, so that's a gigantic no.  

46 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Agreed. I want nothing to do with a guy who’s openly quit on his teammates. 

The whole Jets locker room has been an issue for a while.  He might do better in our locker room with a coach like Zimmer who can get the most out of his players.  It’s not like he’s a dirty player or in trouble with the law or anything.  I’m sure he’s just sick of playing on a crappy team.

Or, more likely, he’s a key reason the Jets’ locker room has issues. Why introduce a personality like that into the locker room? 

Cancerous personalities don’t change. If every thing is going great they might be quiet, but as soon as something doesn’t go the way they like that personality comes out again. 

Best to just avoid it completely. 

I would like to probably keep Mckinnon over Murray but don't know if it will happen and that's not a shot at Murray. 

I'd definitely like to see them go after some D line depth. It's a shame what happened to Floyd. He would make this defense truly special. 

On 22/01/2018 at 3:20 PM, TENINCH said:

Agreed and the reason I chose Barr.

We should be trading Barr early, instead of just letting him go. Take a pic out of BB, trade for value while still have 1 to 1.5 years left so your getting value back.

I would be looking to move Waynes first tho

2 hours ago, CriminalMind said:

We should be trading Barr early, instead of just letting him go. Take a pic out of BB, trade for value while still have 1 to 1.5 years left so your getting value back.

I would be looking to move Waynes first tho

I'm conflicted on this one. It might be because I'm not sure how good Barr actually is. However, I also feel he would be difficult to replace. A lot of schematic concepts go through his ability to do multiple things good to great.

43 minutes ago, Dolmonite26 said:

I'm conflicted on this one. It might be because I'm not sure how good Barr actually is. However, I also feel he would be difficult to replace. A lot of schematic concepts go through his ability to do multiple things good to great.

Well my goal would be to extend Barr first and foremost. I think Barr/Kendricks is a strong LB crew.

However, I would be looking to trade Waynes for value now. It was a very much improved season from him.

I even understand that we'd be losing Waynes + Newman at the same time, but I would still do it if the trade return is fair.

On January 23, 2018 at 12:53 PM, gopherwrestler said:

$12M/Yr Average? sure we can.

Who should we let walk in 2019 to afford it? Diggs, Kendricks or Barr? Or do we just go with a rookie QB and whatever veteran that is willing to sign what Keenum signed last year.

Archived