TCMD Discussion!!

EaglesPeteC

Cousins has had the luxury of having a consistent HC that is offensively minded.  He still isn’t great.

Put him with Chip Kelly and Jeff Fisher in his early years and I doubt he’s career trend line is much different than Foles.

I’d rate Cousins above him, but not by much.  And the price rate between them sure isn’t worth it.

For gosh sakes, just give me more than a 6th round comp for Foles?

Just now, Trojan said:

Team success =\= player success

are you pretending Foles on the injury riddled Redskins would have won the super bowl or even made the playoffs last year?

I'm saying the difference would have been marginal between what Cousins did and what Foles did

Would have been marginal difference  if the Raiders had Connor Cook starting over Derek Carr last year too given we are a top ten pick. That doesn't mean Carr is not superior to Cook.

The Jags with Foles isn't better than Jags with Bortles (unless contract numbers; Bortles had a great last game and almost had them in the SB if the D stopped Brady), but a huge number of Jags fans would have liked Alex Smith, or Cousins (where Smith was viewed as not losing games and Cousins as a Franchise piece)

6 minutes ago, Trojan said:

Would have been marginal difference  if the Raiders had Connor Cook starting over Derek Carr last year too given we are a top ten pick. That doesn't mean Carr is not superior to Cook.

The Jags with Foles isn't better than Jags with Bortles (unless contract numbers; Bortles had a great last game and almost had them in the SB if the D stopped Brady), but a huge number of Jags fans would have liked Alex Smith, or Cousins (where Smith was viewed as not losing games and Cousins as a Franchise piece)

I honestly, don't understand the point you are trying to make with either of these.

But the point is this, I don't think you can so easily scoff at the idea that Foles isn't better or at least as good at Cousins. He might not be, but it's not as an absurd point as you are making it out to be. But more of Foles' career suggests he is in the ballpark of Cousins than just a backup.

And the Jags are 1,000% better with Foles than Bortles. Look what Bortles did when they needed to make a play at the end of the Pats game. Nothing. Look at what Foles did against the same team. Not even close.

Foles had weapons, Bortles only had Fournette and the guys around him vanished in the second half.

The Jags are better with Foles, but just a little and still need to make some adjustments on offense to give Foles a chance.

As for Cousins the only QBs in the league that are over him right know are Brady, Big Ben, Brees, Rodgers, Wentz and Jimmy G.

Just now, BringinDaPain said:

Check in the League Office, 2nd post.

8 minutes ago, BowserBroncos said:

Just a question why guys that were cut and not are in the waive wire are not showing on my FA transaction sheet? Anyone noticed that too?

Mike, is doing a Update as we speak now.

40 minutes ago, BowserBroncos said:

Just a question why guys that were cut and not are in the waive wire are not showing on my FA transaction sheet? Anyone noticed that too?

Just loaded them about an hour or so ago.  Let me know if they still aren't showing up for you.

Alright, tomorrow I'm putting the tagged players in your rosters so that you can carry the cap around for a few days...sounds horrible right.

Still several teams that haven't signed erfa / rfa which is fine if you don't have any to sign but know that the cut off date to have these to me by is the 18th.

First round of bidding is on the 19th.

Archived