Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

Smith seems to be a solid, albeit unspectacular cornerback. I’d say a solid veteran depth player to compete on the outside. 

Also, likely ends any Breeland speculation, and not surprising. Breeland made sense for the Vikings, but I don’t see how the Vikings make sense for Breeland. 

32 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Just to reiterate your point...to me, Cole Beasley is a nothingburger, I'm not even sure why he's in the conversation.  On any other roster, he's a 3rd WR at best (as evidenced from his time in Dallas).  But, he just so happens to be the 2nd WR on a team that's in the top tier of teams in pass attempts (behind ATL, TB, LAC, PIT, and KC).  

Beasley was just the beneficiary of a high volume passing attack. Of everyone in that graphic he’s the one who doesn’t scare anyone. I’d even say TB at #1 is a stretch, although they’re gonna get Super Bowl champ respect. 

But everyone in that graphic, minus Cole Beasley, is a #1 tier weapon for any team in the league. So, at the very least, I don’t know how they can put Buffalo at #3. 

16 minutes ago, NoDakViking said:

Cue the Gladney news in 3......2......1.....

Probably not. We’ve known that the Vikings had a standing offer in to Breeland since he came in for a visit a couple of weeks ago. The ball has basically been in his court since them. I’m guessing he wanted to get on a roster and get settled before mini camps start. 

As for Gladney, I’d still be surprised if the Vikings cut him. Especially this long after the initial report of his arrest came out. Given that his arrest for for DV, a suspension is all but guaranteed. Just a matter of how long. If he avoids the exempt list, he’s still likely to be gone for 6 weeks under the NFL’s conduct policy. Breeland is massive insurance, and probably an immediate term upgrade, for this year. We all saw what a lack of depth and inexperience at the CB position led to in the first part of the season last year. 

CB roster:
Peterson
Dantzler
Breeland
Alexander
Hand
Boyd
Glandey (suspension)

1 minute ago, solidvikingfan said:

It generally means he has to hit some agreed incentive to get the full 4 million.

Right. But will they be likely to be earned incentives, which if reached would count towards this year’s cap, or will they be not likely to be earned incentives, which wouldn’t hit until next year if they’re earned. 

22 minutes ago, NoDakViking said:

Cue the Gladney news in 3......2......1.....

Doubtful, they'd lose over 3 million in cap space cutting him not a minor amount to not just wait to void guarantees and at least with Holton Hill's situation they've shown they give second chances.

Perfect. Let Dantzler and Breeland compete for the starting outside spot opposite Peterson. The other will likely be a part of a solid rotation on the outside. Not unlike how they rotated Rhodes, Waynes, and Newman in 2017. A strategy that really paid off that year. 

• Like 1