Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

9 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

It might not even go that far. 

Thankfully the media covering the NFL can only seem to cover one story at a time, so they'll just stick to the Rodgers thing for all we know.

Sounds like the corrupt mainstream media too but that is definitely intentional. 

Cook had character issues coming out of college too, wasn’t there a thing with a dog. It’s been pretty well proven that if you’re neglectful or violent towards animals, those same tendencies are likely to show towards human life. I get that his ex trespassed but that doesn’t seem like a rational response. Especially everything at stake for Cook. Cooks ex has a right to her belongings but they needed to coordinate that obviously. If Cook wasn’t cooperating with those requests, that’s got to be against the law as they’ve created a tenant/landlord situation. 

I can see why his lawyer wanted to get out to the public first. This will get very ugly no matter what, even if criminal charges aren’t pursued. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Sounds like the corrupt mainstream media too but that is definitely intentional. 

Cook had character issues coming out of college too, wasn’t there a thing with a dog. It’s been pretty well proven that if you’re neglectful or violent towards animals, those same tendencies are likely to show towards human life. I get that his ex trespassed but that doesn’t seem like a rational response. Especially everything at stake for Cook. Cooks ex has a right to her belongings but they needed to coordinate that obviously. If Cook wasn’t cooperating with those requests, that’s got to be against the law as they’ve created a tenant/landlord situation. 

I can see why his lawyer wanted to get out to the public first. This will get very ugly no matter what, even if criminal charges aren’t pursued. 

I don't remember the thing with the dog but I seem to remember people saying that him getting out of Florida would be good for him so he gets with a different crowd

• Like 1

1 minute ago, vikesfan89 said:

I don't remember the thing with the dog but I seem to remember people saying that him getting out of Florida would be good for him so he gets with a different crowd

https://www.sbnation.com/2015/7/12/8941823/dalvin-cook-animal-cruelty-dogs-florida-state

Florida State running back Dalvin Cook was cited for mistreating three chained-up pit bull puppies in July 2014, according to a City of Tallahassee citation report obtained by Sports Illustrated's Andy Staples. The report states that "the dogs were unable to move and the smaller puppies were choking" from a heavy chain that had been tied around their necks. The dogs were between approximately two and eight months old.

Cook was recently charged with misdemeanor battery after allegedly punching a 21-year-old woman in the face in a bar. He turned himself in to Leon County jail over the weekend.

3 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

But it doesn’t sound like she simply trespassed. If she attacked him, or any of his house guests, he has every right to defend himself. 

Agreed. If that is in fact how it went down, he certainly does. Given the lack of criminal charges by either side, perhaps there is acceptance of this as fact. She shouldn’t have been there and should have coordinated pickup of belongings with Cook. If Cook is being a hurt ex and getting in the way of that from being peaceful, there’s other avenues to pursue than barging in and attacking occupants of the house. 

7 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Agreed. If that is in fact how it went down, he certainly does. Given the lack of criminal charges by either side, perhaps there is acceptance of this as fact. She shouldn’t have been there and should have coordinated pickup of belongings with Cook. If Cook is being a hurt ex and getting in the way of that from being peaceful, there’s other avenues to pursue than barging in and attacking occupants of the house. 

It’s basically going to come down to what the witnesses’ stories will or won’t corroborate. 

I will say this, Cook’s lawyer seems pretty confident given the specificity that he put out in his press release. There were a few details in that release that could easily be refuted by a witness’s statement. 

26 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Anyone else rather see a backfield of Mattison and Nwangwu since this season is lost anyway. Would think if Nwangwu flashed enough as a game breaker, we could trade or cut Cook in 2022. Would imagine that would save a good chunk of money.

I’d rather see a backfield of Cook and Nwangwu. 

Cook isn’t going anywhere for at least 2 more years based on his contract. 

Edited by SemperFeist

5 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

Anyone else rather see a backfield of Mattison and Nwangwu since this season is lost anyway. Would think if Nwangwu flashed enough as a game breaker, we could trade or cut Cook in 2022. Would imagine that would save a good chunk of money.

I'd like to see it just because we call better offensive games when Dalvin isn't in there. That's not an indictment of Dalvin being worse, because he certainly isn't, but Klint and Zimmer seem to rely less on the running game (and are less predictable) when Mattison is starting. If they called the same game for Dalvin as they do Mattison, I think this team would be far better off. 

• Like 2