Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

I don't necessarily care for the Bye Week in Week 5, but I'm not necessarily sure that that will be guaranteed.  There were other teams that did play the week right after playing in London.  If so though, they'll just have to manage it.  While it's been a long time since that occurred, teams didn't use to even get a bye week at all.  They'll just have to play 13 weeks in a row.

6 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

Did they add a bye week with the 17th game? I seem to recall some discussion of that. If not, they definitely should. 

It was discussed, but they didn't implement it.  When they eventually go to 18, that's where the 2nd bye week will come in.

We should note that they will also likely get a "mini" bye probably later in the year when they play a Thursday game.

• Like 1

We've already got a plan to go to Canada in August....my wife had said that if we had known that the Vikings were playing in London, we could have gone there instead (even though she hates football).  🤣

Anyway, I'm already starting to plan for 2023, since the Vikings will be playing in Denver, and I want to make the trip, as I missed it the last time...and Broncos tickets are always so expensive.

I think I'm going to go to this London game. I was hoping they'd play in Germany this year, but there's nothing wrong with a trip to Jolly Ol' England. Might have to try to catch a Premier League match while I'm there too. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, swede700 said:

We've already got a plan to go to Canada in August....my wife had said that if we had known that the Vikings were playing in London, we could have gone there instead (even though she hates football).  🤣

Anyway, I'm already starting to plan for 2023, since the Vikings will be playing in Denver, and I want to make the trip, as I missed it the last time...and Broncos tickets are always so expensive.

Did you miss the one where TJack throws probably the best pass of his life to a wide open Troy Williamson who proceeded to drop the ball? lol

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Did you miss the one where TJack throws probably the best pass of his life to a wide open Troy Williamson who proceeded to drop the ball? lol

I don't remember that one, but I do remember several instances where Tarvaris (RIP) missed wide open players in a game I watched in person on my 35th birthday.  Hell, I had only been dating my now wife for about 8 months when we made the drive to that game.  That was the game after which I officially gave up on Tarvaris.  It seems like just yesterday, but man was that a long time ago now, as my daughter was 10 yrs old then...and she's a mother now.  🤣  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, viking said:

I'll be at the Vikings game in London lets goooo

It will be my fourth Vikings game. In the first 3 games we've gone 3-0 so let's hope that trend continues

Perhaps we should all chip in and get you season tickets?!?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

I didn't think that was confirmed until may 12?

Well, this in reference to preseason, those can be known at any time, because they actually are negotiated between the teams themselves often, and not by the schedule guru.  

• Like 1