Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

Wide receiver Dede Westbrook appeared in 15 games for the Vikings last season and he may be back with Minnesota soon.

Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports that Westbrook is working out for the team on Tuesday. Rapoport adds that other teams have shown interest in the wideout and he’s likely to sign with someone in the next few days.

Westbrook caught 10 passes for 68 yards for the Vikings last season. He also averaged 8.3 yards on 22 punt returns and was credited with one tackle.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/05/31/dede-westbrook-working-out-for-vikings/

Wilson, 29, spent the past three seasons with the Dolphins. He played 14 games last season, seeing action on 361 offensive snaps (38 percent of the team’s snaps for the season). He caught 25 passes for 213 yards in 2021.

Wilson spent his first four seasons with the Chiefs before landing in Miami. In his career, Wilson has 218 receptions for 2,499 yards and 12 touchdowns.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/05/31/report-vikings-sign-albert-wilson-to-one-year-deal/

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

I've always found Albert Wilson to be woefully average. 

He's thrown a couple passes in his career though, and hasn't been all that bad on reverses. If he sticks around, he's probably WR5 and might not be active a lot.

I found him completely way above average that just only preformed average. Honestly one guy year after year I thought could break out. 
Unfortunately he’s been stuck where he was, and really just couldn’t come on. 

Probably still just a fringe roster guy unless some injuries pop up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wcblack34 said:

I wonder what the internet chatter would have been like for Dan Marino if the internet had existed when he played. 

Probably similar to what Peyton Manning received throughout his career. Marino still played a much different era so his stats should hold more weight than a current day QB. 

While it certainly was a different era (with only 14-game seasons), Fran threw for 2500 yds for 9 straight years and 12 out of 13 (from 1964-1976) and threw for the most yards in his entire career his last year (which un-ironically was the first 16-game season).  

Edited by swede700