Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

On 6/7/2022 at 11:27 AM, swede700 said:

I'll be interested again this season to see how teams handle the 3-game preseason.  I still think they'll eventually settle into where the 2nd game will be where all the starters play a half and then scrubs in the 3rd, but who knows.  I probably won't get to see the Broncos game, unless I have access to the NFLN, since I'll be on my way to Canada that day.

Both of the road games will be carried live on NFL Network.

Just now, vike daddy said:

special teams player? anything more than that?

Everything I saw written about him is that he has high upside, which is why he made the Broncos roster last year despite being a UDFA...and Donatell really liked him.  He played both special teams and in a reserve role at OLB (actually got 60+ snaps at OLB) last year before going on IR.   

• Like 1

1 minute ago, vike daddy said:

special teams player? anything more than that?

Raw potential. He posted a 9.63 RAS during last year’s combine, with an elite 10 yard split (something that is showing to be a trend with Kwesi and his group).

He’s probably at the same level as some of the UDFAs that were signed. With the benefit/expectation of having an extra year in the system. 

• Like 1

On 6/14/2022 at 7:05 AM, SemperFeist said:

Raw potential. He posted a 9.63 RAS during last year’s combine, with an elite 10 yard split (something that is showing to be a trend with Kwesi and his group).

His 10-yard split, a metric that Vikings general manager Kwesi Adofo-Mensah has prioritized in his roster revamp this offseason, tested at 1.52 seconds, tied for the fifth-fastest 10-yard split by any outside linebacker since 1999, per the Mockdraftables database.

https://heavy.com/sports/minnesota-vikings/denver-broncos-andre-mintze-nfl-news/?fbclid=IwAR2Qe9UCoxd1MB1cdQZuxjqTrInuLtevH2U7emi53rpNO-3IXBPPshlIQyA

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

Only 18% of his snaps came on defense last season. If Mintze makes the roster, I would expect him to play the majority of his snaps at Special Teams here as well.

Sure, for now. He was an undrafted rookie last year. Still made the roster. Even Thielen had to start on Special Teams. Mitze may not end up being anything, but if he's a ST ace, it's a win. 

• Like 3

20 hours ago, wcblack34 said:

Sure, for now. He was an undrafted rookie last year. Still made the roster. Even Thielen had to start on Special Teams. Mitze may not end up being anything, but if he's a ST ace, it's a win. 

Especially because unlike a current ST ace in Dan Chisena, he can actually play a position.  

• Like 1

The Raiders have some competition for Ndamukong Suh’s services in 2022.

According to Tyler Dragon of USA TODAY, Suh has also drawn interest from the Vikings. Dragon also notes the defensive tackle has had multiple conversations with both Las Vegas and Minnesota.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/06/21/report-raiders-vikings-have-had-multiple-conversations-with-ndamukong-suh/

10 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Suh would be a fantastic addition. But I’m not sure the Vikings could afford him. He’s not going to be a bargain FA. 

If the team is still looking to add to their d-line, I’m guessing Sheldon Richardson is probably more affordable. 

Agreed.  It also sounds like he has far more interest in heading to the Raiders than coming here anyway.  At least Kwesi has experience with Sheldon as well since they were in the same building in 2020 (since that was the pandemic year, who knows if they've even ever met however).