Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

5 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

that came to mind right away too.

who have Rosen's coaches been so far?

2018 - AZ: Steve Wilks (defensive guy), Byron Leftwich (ironically who Josh Johnson backed up in TB) and Mike McCoy (OCs)

2019 - Mia: Brian Flores (another defensive guy, Chad O'Shea

2020 - TB PS for most of their SB season, ended on SF roster: Bruce Arians. Byron Leftwich again

2021 - SF into training camp:  Kyle Shanahan, Mike McDaniel then Atlanta for the rest of the season: Arthur Smith, Dave Ragone

2022 - Cle for about 3 months: Stefanski, Alex Van Pelt

As far as his QB coaches, that wasn't stable either.  Leftwich was his QB coach in AZ, but then got promoted to OC after McCoy was fired midseason...in Miami, his initial QB coach, Jim Caldwell, quit in July due to health issues.  He had 2 different QB coaches in his short stint in SF (with the 2nd one being a guy who got hired as OC at Kentucky earlier this year and then fired 9 months later), and then a guy in Atlanta who was Nagy's RBs coach.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Honestly, I’d rather see them keep Rosen or sign Darnold as a backup for next year, and see if you could resurrect any type of career rather than draft a QB outside of the top 10 in this year’s draft. 

I'd be OK with that. I'm also not against bringing Mullens back if the money is right.

• Like 2

I'm not too sure about the Josh Rosen signing.   I think back to his draft process and how he handled (or didnt) adversity his first couple teams.   Smells like a Tim Couch/Jeff George kinda guy . . . Good to great physical traits, but has an attitude problem, no humility and accepts no responsibility.  Sounds like current reports of Zach Wilson?

I guess if anyone can straighten him out, it's KOC.  I just hope he doesn't mess up the mojo this team has right now.  

18 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

Honestly, I’d rather see them keep Rosen or sign Darnold as a backup for next year, and see if you could resurrect any type of career rather than draft a QB outside of the top 10 in this year’s draft. 

Mullena has shown more than Darnold and Rosen ever have. If Darnold and Rosen are the other options, you keep Mullens 101 times out of 100. 

• Like 2