Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

2 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Getting unhealthy at the wrong time!

Well, at least the offensive line is...and of course, there isn't a lot of significant depth there.  Hell, I think the dropoff from Schlottman to Reed is probably less than what it will be from O'Neill to Udoh.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, skywindO2 said:

O’Neill’s career is probably in jeopardy. Players just don’t come back from achilles injuries. 

That's not true.  While about 30% do not come back (and that's really only full tears, not partial like O'Neill), most players that do come back have little to no effect to their play, outside of RBs and LBs (see Tarik Cohen).  He should likely be fine.  

Edited by swede700

1 minute ago, SemperFeist said:

I wonder if there’s any chance that they could re-sign Smith to a 1 year deal? With Hockenson inline, Smith would present some intriguing matchup issues. 

He’s most likely going to have to sign a “prove it” deal wherever he lands in free agency. Why not here?

I imagine that's a possibility, even if it's a remote one.  Gesicki will be the primary target for any team in free agency, but Irv may still get some good looks because he's only 24, whereas most of the others in FA along with Gesicki are all 28 or older.  Even Schultz is 2 yrs older than Irv.