Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

It sounds like the Vikings will be without one of their rotational defensive linemen for at least the next couple of games.

According to Ian Rapoport of NFL Media, James Lynch will miss the last two weeks of the regular season with a shoulder injury. But the team hopes that Lynch will be able to return for the playoffs with rest and rehab.

Lynch has played 26 percent of the team’s defensive snaps and 12 percent of special teams snaps in 15 games. He’s started two games this season.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/12/26/report-james-lynch-will-miss-rest-of-regular-season-with-shoulder-injury/

Is the loss of Kevin O'Connell the reason the Los Angeles Rams have stumbled this year?  Or, are there other, more significant reasons?

Discuss.

Extra credit:  Is Kevin O'Connell's influence the reason TJ Hockenson has emerged as a top 3 TE?  Compare & contrast TJ's 2021 and 2022 seasons' performances.

3 hours ago, Purplexing said:

Is the loss of Kevin O'Connell the reason the Los Angeles Rams have stumbled this year?  Or, are there other, more significant reasons?

Discuss.

Extra credit:  Is Kevin O'Connell's influence the reason TJ Hockenson has emerged as a top 3 TE?  Compare & contrast TJ's 2021 and 2022 seasons' performances.

Injuries I think derailed that team along with a Superbowl hangover.

As for Hockenson, I think the potential was always there, he just needed the right QB to get there. To be honest though, I think TJ is top 5 not top 3 (I'd take Kelce, Kittle, Andrews and Waller over him)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Injuries I think derailed that team along with a Superbowl hangover.

As for Hockenson, I think the potential was always there, he just needed the right QB to get there. To be honest though, I think TJ is top 5 not top 3 (I'd take Kelce, Kittle, Andrews and Waller over him)

Agree about the Rams.

As far as Hock goes, I think he's only scratching the surface right now. He's never had a guy like JJ to take heat off of him. And he's never had a QB with the accuracy and faith to just toss it up to him in spots where he can go up and win. Waller is more athletic and will stretch the field more, but he's not the blocker TJ is. 

I hope Irv can get healthy and up to game speed by the playoffs. It's pretty tantalizing to think about what KOC can scheme up with both of them on the field and JJ, Adam, and TJ taking attention away from Irv. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, wcblack34 said:

Agree about the Rams.

As far as Hock goes, I think he's only scratching the surface right now. He's never had a guy like JJ to take heat off of him. And he's never had a QB with the accuracy and faith to just toss it up to him in spots where he can go up and win. Waller is more athletic and will stretch the field more, but he's not the blocker TJ is. 

I hope Irv can get healthy and up to game speed by the playoffs. It's pretty tantalizing to think about what KOC can scheme up with both of them on the field and JJ, Adam, and TJ taking attention away from Irv. 

Could Irv borrow Cris Carter's hands for the playoffs??

• Like 1

Tight end Irv Smith Jr. could be back in the Vikings lineup before their season is over.

Smith was designated for return from injured reserve on Wednesday. He can be activated at any point in the next three weeks, so he could join the team in the playoffs even if he doesn’t get on the field in the final two regular season games.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/12/28/vikings-designate-irv-smith-jr-for-return-from-ir/

Head coach Kevin O’Connell said on Monday that right tackle Brian O'Neill suffered a “significant” calf injury during Sunday’s loss to the Packers. O’Neill will not play against the Bears in Week 18 and that he could remain out into the postseason.

Backup center Austin Schlottmann was starting on Sunday because Garrett Bradbury remains out with a back injury, but he fractured his fibula on Sunday and will also be out for the near future.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/01/02/brian-oneill-has-significant-calf-injury/