Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

2 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

On a different note, 2024 could be fun!

With Thielen gone, they’re looking at well over $100M in cap space. 

And that's also when the new media deal kicks in, so lots of teams will probably have a bunch of money.  If you're a free agent in 2024, there'll be lots of money for you.  At least right now, it appears that half of the league may have over $100M in cap space. 

1 minute ago, swede700 said:

And that's also when the new media deal kicks in, so lots of teams will probably have a bunch of money.  If you're a free agent in 2024, there'll be lots of money for you.  At least right now, it appears that half of the league may have over $100M in cap space. 

yeah, right now they are 120m under the projected 2024 cap. 

1 minute ago, swede700 said:

Quite a comment.  Apparently he didn't think they should have tried to make one more run.  I can see both sides, but it was still enjoyable and ended with a division title. 

I disagree with him here. It was important to establish a winning culture with the new regime. Now that they have, they can "reload" a bit. 

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, battle2heaven said:

I disagree with him here. It was important to establish a winning culture with the new regime. Now that they have, they can "reload" a bit. 

That is a good way to look at it.  They've bought themselves some loyalty in the locker-room with the players that remain. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, swede700 said:

That is a good way to look at it.  They've bought themselves some loyalty in the locker-room with the players that remain. 

I mean, look at the survey, best org in football. You dont get that if you tear it down immediately and lose 13 games. like you said, there is goodwill there now; a buy in to the process.

• Like 2

When I extend guys, I put a lot of pay in next year...... They can't use all that cap space, and that gives them more assurance they get paid, if the money isn't guaranteed. Extend JJ, O'Neill, and I don't know who. Darrisaw eligible, and if so, what about the concussions?

20 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Quite a comment.  Apparently he didn't think they should have tried to make one more run.  I can see both sides, but it was still enjoyable and ended with a division title. 

It’s the mantra of the nerd who simulates through the season in Madden, just to get to the offseason. 

• Like 3