Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

8 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

I also wonder if Flores is looking for something different from that LB position

I think this is the biggest thing outside of salary. He's still got some good years left in a 4-3 that fits his strengths.

Adofo-Mensah: “As a Pro Bowler and team captain, a Walter Payton Man of the Year nominee and a leader of the Vikings social justice efforts, Eric leaves a powerful, permanent legacy within our organization and the Minnesota community. While he is best known as a playmaker and respected linebacker across the league, Eric’s contributions to the Vikings extend far beyond the field because of his selfless and unwavering commitment to improving societal issues. I have the utmost respect for Eric and wish him and Ally, along with their growing family, continued success in their next chapter.”

O’Connell:  “It is extremely difficult to start more than 100 games in this league, but Eric has been a staple in the locker room since he entered the NFL. During my first year as head coach, Eric played a critical role as a captain and a member of the leadership council in helping establish the culture we want in Minnesota. He was a consistent mentor to his younger teammates, and his tireless work ethic set a standard for others to emulate.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/03/06/vikings-release-eric-kendricks/

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, gopherwrestler said:

Still weird to hear drafted in 2015 and being one of the “old guys that we need to move on from”

Still weird that next year will have been 25 years since we actually got to party like it was 1999. 

• Like 1

It's a bitter sweet move. He dropped off this past season, I blame some of it on the DC, and probably some of his fit for a 3-4 defense/age. But his cap number made him cuttable. I expect to see more movement coming up here post combine.

• Like 3