Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

1 minute ago, battle2heaven said:

Rap hinting at a trade for Z smith to a team that will pay him.....

It certainly would make sense.  He also sees the direction that this team is going.  He wants to maximize his earnings and his opportunity to win while doing so, which is certainly understandable. 

1 minute ago, swede700 said:

And in other rumored news...

Hitman is my favorite Viking. I would love to keep him at the right price. If he’s unwilling to take a pay cut, it’s time to move on. I love the quote - “Vikings brass isn’t playing around.” Times are changing and I’m excited about it.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, battle2heaven said:

I disagree with him here. It was important to establish a winning culture with the new regime. Now that they have, they can "reload" a bit. 

I agree.  It's not like they mortgaged the future by hanging onto a couple of older players

Losing Harrison Smith would be a dumb move, especially with the kind of defense that they are planning to use. He is still one of the best in the league and will be allowed to play to his strengths with Flores. Counting on Lewis Cine to be healthy is a huge and pretty unnecessary risk.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, battle2heaven said:

if they do that, might as well trade Z, trade kirk, etc at this point. dont half *** it.

I agree. I would trade Z for whatever we can get. I would also have serious trade talks with SF.  Lance + 3rd for Cousins? Pull the trigger. And that doesn’t preclude you from drafting a QB in 2024

2 minutes ago, battle2heaven said:

if they do that, might as well trade Z, trade kirk, etc at this point. dont half *** it.

This is what happens when you have a new regime that has no particular attachment to specific players.  Harry just turned 34 yrs old, so I'm sure he knew this discussion was coming, but again, it's hard to know how much of a cut they are asking him to make.  Most of his salary now is not guaranteed (except for injury), so he really doesn't have a lot of leverage...and who knows what he'd get in the marketplace...I imagine Gannon would be chomping at the bit to get him there though and put him in a 3-safety set with Budda Baker and Jalen Thompson.  😂