Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

1 hour ago, solidvikingfan said:

It cost 3 first rounders for the 49ers to get to three which they were closer to 3 then we are and I'd assume some similarity to looking at Trey Lance and Richardson as possible target of it.

True, but again say the Vikings threw in Cook and Z. Smith, that could sweeten the deal big time and Vikings not lose multiple 1st rounders.  

Trey Lance because of his accuracy, composure and demeanor....I would take him all day over Richardson.  Richardson has more athletic ability and upside arguably but is not the composed player Lance is.  In terms of developmental QBs I would take Trey Lance all day over Richardson, running QBs are great but Lance could be a pass only QB and succeed, not sure Richardson could do that without his running ability.  

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

What would you rather:

a) move up to #3, costing 2023, 2024 & 2025 1st rd picks & 2023 3rd, to draft A Richardson, QB

b) use #23 to draft H Hooker, QB

woof!

c) neither.

d) pass on trading up to #3; trade down from 23 and still acquire Hooker.

but blech at the choices.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

What would you rather:

a) move up to #3, costing 2023, 2024 & 2025 1st rd picks & 2023 3rd, to draft A Richardson, QB

b) move up to ~#10, costing 2023 & 2024 1st rd picks, to draft W Levis, QB

c) use #23 to draft H Hooker, QB

I still say consider it throwing in Z. Smith and Cook....

In terms of Hooker, no thank you.

In terms of Levis, not so sure about that either.

If one can trade Z.Smith, Cook and a 1st rounder for a #3 and get Stroud or Bryce Young I am all for it!  If it is Richardson, I would not be as big of a fan of that, Will Anderson Jr I would rather have than Richardson if both where there but still leaves the QB question.  

Honestly, look at this, Joe Webb compared to Richardson athletically.  Yeah Webb was really tried out at WR mostly and does not have the arm talent Richardson has but no sure the QB processing at this point is that different especially with Richardson right now.  Webb is one hell of an athlete, and so is Richardson but yeah not sure he is worth the gamble for the Vikings right now...

Joe Webb 6-4 231
40 time: 4.44
Vertical: 42.5"
Broad Jump: 137
10 yard split 1.54

Anthony Richardson 6-4 244
40 time: 4.43
Vertical: 40.5"
Broad Jump: 129
10 yard split 1.53

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vike daddy said:

woof!

c) neither.

d) pass on trading up to #3; trade down from 23 and still acquire Hooker.

but blech at the choices.

The whole trade down and still acquire him something that could be challenging. If Minny identifies Hooker to be “their guy”, are they really going to risk someone else getting him if he on the board at #23. 

18 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

That package won’t even get you in the top 10

Then they should forget it because it would be a waste unless you can get Stroud or Bryce Young at QB.  Anyone else it would be a waste honestly.  Levis and Richardson are too big of gambles to trade that much away to get.  

I may be the sour voice here but I don’t want Lance, Purdy, or most of the predicted 1st round QBs.  Lance has done nothing for me to feel he is a huge part of any trade. Just because you give us him, that doesn’t mean the 49ers are excluded from needing to cough up a first rounder and more. 

I’m not even a big fan of Cousins but seeing what some QBs whom are less than Cousin’s-level garner in a trade, I’m not letting him go for anything less than a 1st Round pick, along with multiple other selections. Or two 1st rounders. I don’t know why in the world people would predict the Vikings trading Cousins for Lance and minimal draft compensation…. As of that’s even close to equal value. 

Cousins performed well last year. If a team isn’t offering a load of great value in draft compensation, then stop talking to me about acquiring Cousins. And no, Lance doesn’t equal that value.  He’s only a fraction of what I would have to get back in order to move Cousins to SF.  And he’s still a place holder.  I’d still draft a QB very high, even with Lance on the roster.

I’ve even seen some predictions that say the Vikings would move Cousins to an interested team for two thirds or some other nonsense. I’d rather just resign him or let him play out the final year of his contract than trade him for such crappy compensation. At least, in terms of what compensation is being thrown around.  

He still has about four or five seasons of really good 2022 football left, hopefully. No way in hell is that worth anything less than 1st round picks.  If no team is willing to give that up for him, than no one gets him. 

Edited by Morlee

8 hours ago, Morlee said:

He still has about four or five seasons of really good 2022 football left, hopefully. No way in hell is that worth anything less than 1st round picks.  If no team is willing to give that up for him, than no one gets him. 

I think he'll be hard-pressed to get beyond 3 more seasons of good football left period...and not 2022-level play.  I think they'll get that this year, but beginning in 2024, he'll start a slow slide.  I think his slide will be slower than others because of his accuracy, but I wouldn't trust him after 2025.  There's zero chance they'd get more than 1 first for Kirk, and the more likely scenario is multiple seconds.

Voluntary offseason workout programs are intended to provide training, teaching and physical conditioning for players. The calendar for 2023 is below.

MINNESOTA

First Day:

April 17

OTA Offseason Workouts:

May 22-23, May 25, May 30-31, June 2, June 5-6, June 8

Mandatory Minicamp:

June 13-14

https://operations.nfl.com/updates/football-ops/2023-nfl-offseason-workout-program-dates-announced/

10 hours ago, swede700 said:

I think he'll be hard-pressed to get beyond 3 more seasons of good football left period...and not 2022-level play.  I think they'll get that this year, but beginning in 2024, he'll start a slow slide.  I think his slide will be slower than others because of his accuracy, but I wouldn't trust him after 2025.  There's zero chance they'd get more than 1 first for Kirk, and the more likely scenario is multiple seconds.

You don’t think Cousins behind SF Online could get them four or five more 2022-esque football years?

And maybe for three 2nds and a starting caliber player I’d consider it. 

Edited by Morlee

14 minutes ago, Morlee said:

You don’t think Cousins behind SF Online could get them four or five more 2022-esque football years?

And maybe for three 2nds and a starting caliber player I’d consider it. 

3 2nds and a starter before considering it….. that doesn’t likely jive with SF would peg his value