Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

9 minutes ago, Captain Relax said:

I think the only "locks" to make the playoffs are the Chiefs, Eagles, and Bengals...barring injury to their QBs.

Considering really how bad their division is now, I'd put the 49ers way ahead of the Eagles in a lock for the playoffs.  The Eagles have turnover in their coaching staff, which will have an impact...and they certainly won't have the cupcake schedule that they had last year, although they do get the 49ers, Bills and us at home (although certainly based on my comments earlier, we are probably a cupcake 😂 ). 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Considering really how bad their division is now, I'd put the 49ers way ahead of the Eagles in a lock for the playoffs.  The Eagles have turnover in their coaching staff, which will have an impact...and they certainly won't have the cupcake schedule that they had last year, although they do get the 49ers, Bills and us at home (although certainly based on my comments earlier, we are probably a cupcake 😂 ). 

I don't trust the 49ers to stay healthy...I am not really convinced that Shannahan is the coach that everybody else thinks he is. 

34 minutes ago, Captain Relax said:

I don't trust the 49ers to stay healthy...I am not really convinced that Shannahan is the coach that everybody else thinks he is. 

That's fine, but when the 49ers were healthy in 2019, they went to the Super Bowl.  They haven't really been healthy for an entire season since then.  In 2020, they had the 2nd most injuries of any team in the previous 20 yrs. 2021 wasn't much better, losing McGlinchey, Kittle, Kinlaw, Moster, Sanu, Verrett, Greenlaw, and Dee Ford to IR at various times throughout the year...and then we certainly saw how they lost QB after QB last year.   If he's not the best coach there is in the NFL, he's unarguably in the top 3-5. 

Edited by swede700
  • Like 1

Below you’ll find team executives’ perspectives on all 32 teams’ free agencies, with thoughts on everything from the new contracts for Daniel Jones and Geno Smith to the ideal timing for a potential Derrick Henry trade. The executives spoke on the condition of anonymity for competitive reasons.

Minnesota Vikings

Marcus Davenport’s signing to a one-year, $13 million contract was an intriguing addition.

This is a roster in transition. Kirk Cousins’ restructured contract makes him easier to move on from in the future. Running back Alexander Mattison’s re-signing could signal the end for Dalvin Cook. Adam Thielen, Patrick Peterson and Eric Kendricks are among the Vikings older than 30 who have signed elsewhere. There could be six new starters on defense, including newly signed cornerback Byron Murphy.

https://theathletic.com/4378634/2023/04/04/nfl-free-agency-reactions-insiders/

About what we have pretty much we thought.  As far as our division rivals, they say at least the Bears have a plan and that adding DJ Moore was better than any WR they could have gotten in FA.  They indicate that Detroit's addition of Sutton and Moseley are solid, but adding Gardner-Johnson signifies their intent on playing with a lead and they aren't scared by anyone in the division.  The Packers?  They lost significant contributors and added no replacements for them.