Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

7 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

but I'd trade Hunter if they can get a legit high pick (unsure what that is for me right now). This would hurt, as I am a big fan.

I'd deal Zadarius and a 5th for a 3rd (or something like that) if possible. 

So, you’d completely gut the team’s pass rushing room? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

So, you’d completely gut the team’s pass rushing room? 

I don't think the Vikes pass rush room is void of talent.  The guys in the wings can play too, but unless they collect 24+ sacks in 2023 without Hunter and Z, trades could be viewed negatively.  

I'm with PCP on this one, consider trading them and if a good value pops, take it.   The cap opened up down the road will be useful. 

34 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

No need to open cap down the road. They are in great shape already. Keep young elite players that you’ve developed in house until they can’t provide that value anymore. 

That's not what the Patriots do....they deal guys like Hunter all the time. (now, maybe it was Brady all along....)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JDBrocks said:

No need to open cap down the road. They are in great shape already. Keep young elite players that you’ve developed in house until they can’t provide that value anymore. 

What's "Great cap shape?"  Believe me, I do not want to see Hunter traded, but a new contract, for what that young man's really worth, do you think there'll be cap?   

No, Hunter's a guy, at 28 years old, who should command a 5 year deal for ~$160M with $100-120M guaranteed.

Put on your thinking cap . . . Where does that leave the Vikes with Darrisaw if he continues ascending?

PCP is right, the Patriots dealt Richard Seymour and stayed SB ready for a few more years.  The keep re-stocking because 3rd contracts are usually lower on return.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Duluther said:

Richard Seymour, Tre Flowers, Jamie Collins... just to list edge players.

Seymour is really the only example. 

Trey Flowers wasn’t traded. He left as a free agent.

Jamie Collins and Chandler Jones were traded because the Pats didn’t want to pay them a 2nd contract off of their rookie deals. It didn’t have anything to do with getting rid of them “a year early rather than a year late”. 

Edited by SemperFeist

The Patriots had the ultimate equalizer in Brady. That allowed them to make roster decisions like that. Name another team that has been successful in selling off star players in their prime.

Hunter is never going to see a 32m AAV contract with 120m guaranteed. That would be far and away the largest non QB contract ever. He’s a great player but no one is going to pay him that much.

The cap is fine. They are going to have like 180m in space in 2025. 

Trading away great players is a bad idea.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, JDBrocks said:

The Patriots had the ultimate equalizer in Brady. That allowed them to make roster decisions like that. Name another team that has been successful in selling off star players in their prime.

Hunter is never going to see a 32m AAV contract with 120m guaranteed. That would be far and away the largest non QB contract ever. He’s a great player but no one is going to pay him that much.

The cap is fine. They are going to have like 180m in space in 2025. 

Trading away great players is a bad idea.

I agree.  The only reason to trade players in their prime is to get draft picks for a rebuild. The Vikings aren't in a rebuild. 

9 minutes ago, Captain Relax said:

I agree.  The only reason to trade players in their prime is to get draft picks for a rebuild. The Vikings aren't in a rebuild. 

They have no QB after this year and the 31 st ranked defense. And limited draft picks. They aren't in a rebuild? Outside JJ and the Oline, every position needs updating after this year. 

Edited by PrplChilPill