Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

40 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

Flores
Hunter
Cousins

based on the ease of finding equitable replacements.

Would probably swap Cousins and Hunter. If Dobbs is your typical veteran stop gap for next year, we’re not getting to the playoffs. If Flores is so valuable and highly regarded, I’d expect him to have a plan without Hunter. Hunter isn’t easy to replace but who makes the defense what it is, Flores or Hunter? 

10 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

Flores
Hunter (if they sign him for multiple years)
Cousins (if I was only worried about next year, he'd be on top of the list).

Flores is no less of a one year stop gap than Cousins. He’s bound to be a HC and good for him when it happens.

But you’re dead in the water without a QB and Cousins is a legit top 5 QB this year. Now does he decline at his older age and injury, probably. 

1 hour ago, vike daddy said:

Flores
Hunter
Cousins

based on the ease of finding equitable replacements.

I'd personally put Cousins at the top of the list, because without him, the offense, as currently constructed, doesn't work.

I'd then follow with Flores, because he appears to be able to construct a functional defense with whatever pieces there are...

and last would be Hunter. 

2 minutes ago, swede700 said:

I'd personally put Cousins at the top of the list, because without him, the offense, as currently constructed, doesn't work.

I'd then follow with Flores, because he appears to be able to construct a functional defense with whatever pieces there are...

and last would be Hunter. 

If Cousins wasn’t coming off his injury I’d agree. Just a big unknown there. 

5 minutes ago, vikingsrule said:

If Cousins wasn’t coming off his injury I’d agree. Just a big unknown there. 

Agree, but since mobility has never been his thing...and the fact that QBs aren't nearly as dependent on their achilles as other positions, I feel fairly secure in what he will be able to provide.  I don't think the risk is all that big.  His age will be a bigger concern in the next few years, but not as big next year because he was peaking this year. I can't imagine he'll fall off a cliff next year like Matt Ryan did.   

Edited by swede700

Cousins. 

Because no matter how good the defense is, if you don't have a guy who can put up points, you're not likely winning a lot. Keeping Flores over Cousins likely means we're starting a QB we've drafted for the next two years. While there have been exceptions, most QBs are not taking you to a Super Bowl the first two years they play.

So if this question is for the next two years, and those two years only, the easy and obvious answer is Cousins.

*** I saw this posed as who you'd want for the next 2 years. Either way, my answer remains the same.

Edited by wcblack34
  • Like 1

I would put Flores first because however much that would cost is not a cost that would hurt the Vikings limited cap resources. Keeping Flores is all benefit.

Keeping Cousins and Hunter would be ideal, but the cost may force the team to sacrifice more than what they bring to the table or at least close to what the value the bring to the table.

• Like 1

Flores

Cousins

Hunter

I am so giddy with how Flores caters his defense to his players strength.

I love Kirko, but he will be 36 the next time he takes a snap. That matters.

Hunter is a beast, and should have 2-3 more years of dominance. Unfortunately, the DC is making magic which somewhat minimizes Hunters value, and Cousins is more vital to our success than Hunter is.

7 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

Flores

Cousins

Hunter

I am so giddy with how Flores caters his defense to his players strength.

I love Kirko, but he will be 36 the next time he takes a snap. That matters.

Hunter is a beast, and should have 2-3 more years of dominance. Unfortunately, the DC is making magic which somewhat minimizes Hunters value, and Cousins is more vital to our success than Hunter is.

not sure these two statements don't contradict each other....