Valhalla Villager: News, Rumors and Gossip

Heimdallr

3 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

I really doubt it. Fran thinks very highly of himself, and what accomplishments he did achieve.

That's the truth.  Being conciliatory really never seems to be in his nature.  There's no issue with that, but I just can't see that ever happening, under any circumstances.

Edited by swede700

3 hours ago, swede700 said:

They're still really underestimating the Vikings right now...we've got 'em right where we want 'em.

For a league that was never high on Cousins, they sure seem to think the Vikes will suck without him.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:

How would guys have felt if that went through?

I would have had a nervous excitement. 

For me, personally, I had Drake Maye and JJ McCarthy ranked the same. And I was going back and forth constantly between who I preferred. Each had their pros, and each had their cons.

Giving up three 1st round picks for a QB who, despite his high end physical traits, is still a project is risky. But, having a QB with those physical traits would have been exciting. Very similar to how it would have felt had the team been able to complete the trade last year to go up and draft Anthony Richardson. 

Ultimately I am extremely thrilled with what actually happened. Prior to the draft I didn’t think there was a realistic chance to keep pick 23 if the team wanted one of the top 4 quarterbacks. And I certainly didn’t think Dallas Turner, who I never saw mocked lower than 12, was going to be an option to get with their second 1st round pick. 

Edited by SemperFeist
  • Like 7