TCMD- INSIDE THE LOCKER THREAD

EaglesPeteC

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

If I recall, this isn't the first time the multiple quarterbacks thing has happened...or at least multiples at some position. I think it happened 2 years ago as well. It would set a dangerous precedent to start rescinding FA offers. The FA bid wasn't removed back then, I'd be against removing the bid now as well. 

This is something that we will see if we can somehow work into the bidding moving forward. Like I said, I'm not against a sort of reserve FA bid (that takes up one slot), to potentially avoid this in the future, but for this specific scenario, just going to have to roll with it. 

That's ok for me

Just now, BowserBroncos said:

That's ok for me

Just so you know, Bowser, this isn't on you, either. Like I said, you're not the first person that this has happened to. It's the downside of blind bidding, but quite frankly, I don't think that anyone wants to change that process because its rather fun and addicting lol. You've been nothing but amenable to the whole scenario, and we are appreciative for that, so thank you. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Just so you know, Bowser, this isn't on you, either. Like I said, you're not the first person that this has happened to. It's the downside of blind bidding, but quite frankly, I don't think that anyone wants to change that process because its rather fun and addicting lol. You've been nothing but amenable to the whole scenario, and we are appreciative for that, so thank you. 

Thank you. I was here wondering if I had done something wrong. I just sticked with my plan. I don't like this draft QBs and my plan was to find my QB before the draft. Even at the coast on losing a chance on others players to bid on more than one QB.

I was about to trade for DeShone Kizer if I had lost on both.

9 minutes ago, BowserBroncos said:

Thank you. I was here wondering if I had done something wrong. I just sticked with my plan. I don't like this draft QBs and my plan was to find my QB before the draft. Even at the coast on losing a chance on others players to bid on more than one QB.

I was about to trade for DeShone Kizer if I had lost on both.

From Kizer to Cousins and McCaron!

The darkest timeline indeed 

Cross posted from other thread - 

So just to put it out there plain and simple regarding the Denver situation - we will not be rescinding the contract offer on McCarron. This isn't the first time this has happened, and in this structure, it won't be the last. It is the risk of blind bidding. We will look at potential avenues of curtailing this in the future mocks, however there is nothing that will be done here as it creates far too much of a dangerous precedent. Thanks for understanding guys (particularly you @BowserBroncos). It's a lot of work to put this stuff together, and we are certainly always trying to make it better, and that's why we will do the feedback and recommendations for future years mocks when this is all done 

Round 1 Free Agency Grades (Don't @ me)

Arizona: B, picked up a solid RG at a decent price, resigned one of their own starters on the cheap.  Not very splashy but a solid kickoff.

Atlanta: B, probably the most boring start so far but they did go 3/4.

Baltimore: D, went 0/3.  Not an F because they had the right idea in who to go after

Buffalo: C+, should have gone after a QB harder, also should have tried to retain Jordan Matthews.  I do like the picked up Lotulelei at a decent price for this.

Carolina: C, Greatly overpaid for Eifert.  Guy has never played a full season and now has $30 million guaranteed.  I do like resigning Gano, I would have liked to see a better offer to Lotulelei.

Chicago: A, I'm not giving myself a grade lower than an A.  I also stole Jordan Matthews.

Cincinnati: D, Tahir Whitehead is not a good football player in today's NFL.  He just cannot cover and is now making a pretty penny to only be on the field half the time.

Cleveland: B-, Got a great deal on Hyde but I would have liked to see a move for a QB.  I also think Sammy Watkins is now overpaid but they had the money to do that.

Dallas: B, picked up two lower level guys late.  With limited cap space it's not a bad move.

Denver: A-, they got Cousins.  They didn't even have to pay him an ungodly some of money that is completely unreasonable.  If it wasn't for AJ this would be an A+

Detroit: A, Nevin Lawson at that price is very solid, they also picked up Zach Brown for less than Whitehead got.  Worked out very well for them.

Green Bay: A, I like picking up another receiver and resigning Rodgers.  I do wonder whether this means Cobbs is on his way out the door.

Houston: F, the only F I am going to give out.  They are now paying $67 million a year to Nate Solder and Kyle Fuller.  You know what $67 million a year got you in last years free agency: Calais Campbell, AJ Bouye, Kevin Zeitler, Ricky Wagner, Tony Jefferson, Johnathan Cyprien, and Ryan Fitzpatrick.  I know which group I would take.

Indianapolis: C, tried to be under the radar but didn't really come up with much.  Would have liked to see some more aggression in filling holes.

Jacksonville: B, spent a lot of money this offseason.  I am curious what their plan is when Nick Foles wants a raise.

Kansas City: B, quiet but solid.

Chargers: B, another quiet but solid group.

Rams: C, I was surprised by them not picking up a WR after letting Watkins walk and cutting Austin.

Miami: A, landed their guys who should contribute.  They also kept their kicker.  Always a win.

Minnesota: B+, I like resigning Teddy but I don't really get paying that much to Jimmy Graham.  I think that offense has enough weapons that I would have focused my attention elsewhere.

New England: A, they won the LeVeon Bell sweepstakes at a reasonable price.  There isn't much more to it than that.

New Orleans: A, landed all of their targets and Drew Brees is probably singing songs of joy right now.

New York Giants: A-, they stole Malcolm Butler at that price.  He was one of my Round 2 Targets.

Oakland: B, Added some solid help but spent more money than I would have if I were them.  They also stole Prince from me for less than a million and I have a problem with that.

Philadelphia: B, quiet but added some decent pieces on offense.  Also don't really have cap space to do anything too crazy.

Pittsburgh: D-, struck out other than keeping Justin Hunter.  Lost LeVeon Bell.

Seattle: C, would have liked to see them hang onto one of their tight ends.

San Francisco: B, spent quite a bit of money but got Jimmy G some help.  Would have liked them to grab a top end WR.

Tampa Bay: D, struck out for the most part and I don't really get using a bid on AJ when you have other needs to fill.

Tennessee: C+, losing out on Kline puts a damper on things.

Washington: B, they kept Trent Murphy from me which was a solid move. 

1 minute ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Jordan Matthews is painfully average. But thanks for helping out with the write ups! ;)

That's why he is only going to be making $5 million a year.  I would have preferred Landry but Matthews is a solid #3 option. :) 

16 minutes ago, winitall said:

Round 1 Free Agency Grades (Don't @ me)

Arizona: B, picked up a solid RG at a decent price, resigned one of their own starters on the cheap.  Not very splashy but a solid kickoff.

Atlanta: B, probably the most boring start so far but they did go 3/4.

Baltimore: D, went 0/3.  Not an F because they had the right idea in who to go after

Buffalo: C+, should have gone after a QB harder, also should have tried to retain Jordan Matthews.  I do like the picked up Lotulelei at a decent price for this.

Carolina: C, Greatly overpaid for Eifert.  Guy has never played a full season and now has $30 million guaranteed.  I do like resigning Gano, I would have liked to see a better offer to Lotulelei.

Chicago: A, I'm not giving myself a grade lower than an A.  I also stole Jordan Matthews.

Cincinnati: D, Tahir Whitehead is not a good football player in today's NFL.  He just cannot cover and is now making a pretty penny to only be on the field half the time.

Cleveland: B-, Got a great deal on Hyde but I would have liked to see a move for a QB.  I also think Sammy Watkins is now overpaid but they had the money to do that.

Dallas: B, picked up two lower level guys late.  With limited cap space it's not a bad move.

Denver: A-, they got Cousins.  They didn't even have to pay him an ungodly some of money that is completely unreasonable.  If it wasn't for AJ this would be an A+

Detroit: A, Nevin Lawson at that price is very solid, they also picked up Zach Brown for less than Whitehead got.  Worked out very well for them.

Green Bay: A, I like picking up another receiver and resigning Rodgers.  I do wonder whether this means Cobbs is on his way out the door.

Houston: F, the only F I am going to give out.  They are now paying $67 million a year to Nate Solder and Kyle Fuller.  You know what $67 million a year got you in last years free agency: Calais Campbell, AJ Bouye, Kevin Zeitler, Ricky Wagner, Tony Jefferson, Johnathan Cyprien, and Ryan Fitzpatrick.  I know which group I would take.

Indianapolis: C, tried to be under the radar but didn't really come up with much.  Would have liked to see some more aggression in filling holes.

Jacksonville: B, spent a lot of money this offseason.  I am curious what their plan is when Nick Foles wants a raise.

Kansas City: B, quiet but solid.

Chargers: B, another quiet but solid group.

Rams: C, I was surprised by them not picking up a WR after letting Watkins walk and cutting Austin.

Miami: A, landed their guys who should contribute.  They also kept their kicker.  Always a win.

Minnesota: B+, I like resigning Teddy but I don't really get paying that much to Jimmy Graham.  I think that offense has enough weapons that I would have focused my attention elsewhere.

New England: A, they won the LeVeon Bell sweepstakes at a reasonable price.  There isn't much more to it than that.

New Orleans: A, landed all of their targets and Drew Brees is probably singing songs of joy right now.

New York Giants: A-, they stole Malcolm Butler at that price.  He was one of my Round 2 Targets.

Oakland: B, Added some solid help but spent more money than I would have if I were them.  They also stole Prince from me for less than a million and I have a problem with that.

Philadelphia: B, quiet but added some decent pieces on offense.  Also don't really have cap space to do anything too crazy.

Pittsburgh: D-, struck out other than keeping Justin Hunter.  Lost LeVeon Bell.

Seattle: C, would have liked to see them hang onto one of their tight ends.

San Francisco: B, spent quite a bit of money but got Jimmy G some help.  Would have liked them to grab a top end WR.

Tampa Bay: D, struck out for the most part and I don't really get using a bid on AJ when you have other needs to fill.

Tennessee: C+, losing out on Kline puts a damper on things.

Washington: B, they kept Trent Murphy from me which was a solid move. 

I have Desean Jackson from the Quinn trade for Watkins spot. Woods and Kupp plus Josh Reynolds and Pharaoh Cooper as backups. Austin wasn't even considered a WR anymore. Would have been a huge waste of a first round bid to go with WR. 

I give myself a B, only because if I had another 20 minutes I would have bid on Butler instead of Fuler and gotten him. Which would have put me in a perfect place right now. But Branch helps my line out a lot and I resigned an important part of my defense 

Archived