TCMD- INSIDE THE LOCKER THREAD

EaglesPeteC

How did NE get Bell over TB? We offered higher per year and higher guarantees?

NE

5 year 13,535,000 APY 2,400,000 signing bonus YEAR ONE: 7,775,000

TB
4 year 14,257,000 APY 8,000,000 signing bonus YEAR ONE: 17,032,000

He also makes nearly 10mil less year one with the Patriots. He'd have to be insane or chasing a SB.

???

How can that be right when he makes 10mil less year one? 4x less in signing bonus, and less in APY. Is the hyper inflated 5th year with no guarantees really worth anything? He loses on literally every other aspect of the contracts?

10 minutes ago, Trojan said:

How can that be right when he makes 10mil less year one? 4x less in signing bonus, and less in APY. Is the hyper inflated 5th year with no guarantees really worth anything? He loses on literally every other aspect of the contracts?

I'll look but it's the same formula for every player that was bid on.

It definitely needs to be fixed as an overall system, but that's what I've got at the moment.

13 minutes ago, Trojan said:

The system isn't ever going to be perfect, that's for sure, and this is a scenario where obviously, it's less than ideal. Outside of having people sit in judgment of every contract (not going to happen lol), we have to use an objective calculation to formulate winners. That being said, I know that it's been kicked around in the past about potentially lowering the impact of later year salaries and stuff, and that may still be something that eventually gets in. Right now, the best we have is the contract validation structure to attempt to prevent the crazy backloading of contracts. If we (and by we, I realy mean mike, because I don't know how to do any of this) can formulate a calculation that that takes the the back years into account at a lower percentage, that may be something we can get in there eventually. 

Archived