TCMD- INSIDE THE LOCKER THREAD

EaglesPeteC

1 hour ago, IDOG_det said:

Man...I missed out on Denico Autry by the smallest amount...

Can't believe the contract Tahir Whitehead got. He was not good last year. Also can't believe the contracts a lot of these guys got. Also can't believe how many good players didn't get contracts. Round 2 might be even harder, going to be difficult deciding on just 3 bids

I threw in a reserve bid last minute just above his(autry) apy.  I was surprised to see I got him.  

4 hours ago, Forge said:

Add in their re-signing of Kelemete as well. He was one my list to consider signing this round. He's not great, but he's versatile and he's competent for the most part. Very good first round for the Saints and @whodatOL I think. 

Never thought I would get all 4. Kelemente is a great backup linemen who could become a starter to replace Unger at some point.

I'm very excited about the other 3 signings, all will be starters for me who come in at a reasonable price and could become stars here. Richardson will pair perfectly with Michael Thomas, Burton will get his first shot at a starting job and my biggest weakness at LB got a major upgrade with someone who recorded over 100 tackles in all 4 of his seasons so far!

1 minute ago, NickChowaniec said:

Could we maybe vote to have AJ McCarron brought back into FA?

For the sake of realism. I know it has been an issue in the past with bidding on players of the same position. With QBs, I think there should be some leeway. He can significantly impact the way the draft plays out.

@Forge @EaglesPeteC @ny92jefferis

I would have no problem on rescind my offer on McCarron....maybe the second best offer of the round should be rewarded him

5 minutes ago, NickChowaniec said:

For the sake of realism. I know it has been an issue in the past with bidding on players of the same position. With QBs, I think there should be some leeway. He can significantly impact the way the draft plays out.

Where do we draw the line on that?  Do other teams get to withdraw a contract offer that was way higher than other teams on some players in order to save some $$?

1 minute ago, BringinDaPain said:

Realism? You talking about realism with all these back loaded contracts. Mike has put tons of hours in this mock. Every then some of you guys find a loophole instead of bringing it up you abuse it. Just my .02

Back loaded contracts are a real thing.  The calculations on how players are awarded is the issue.  Once the base salary for a year exceeds the amount of the remaining portion of the SB, the base salary needs to be neglected in the calculation for awarding.  

38 minutes ago, NickChowaniec said:

That'd be a no from me 

42 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:
1 hour ago, NickChowaniec said:

That'd be a no from me 

Same. It's not like @ny92jefferis didnt spend a ton of time putting together a great CBA for this mock for everyone to review ahead of time. 

If I recall, this isn't the first time the multiple quarterbacks thing has happened...or at least multiples at some position. I think it happened 2 years ago as well. It would set a dangerous precedent to start rescinding FA offers. The FA bid wasn't removed back then, I'd be against removing the bid now as well. 

This is something that we will see if we can somehow work into the bidding moving forward. Like I said, I'm not against a sort of reserve FA bid (that takes up one slot), to potentially avoid this in the future, but for this specific scenario, just going to have to roll with it. 

Archived