TCMD- INSIDE THE LOCKER THREAD

EaglesPeteC

14 minutes ago, ny92jefferis said:

News is swirling that the New York Giants have targeted one of the leagues tagged players.  With their offensive line is shambles one can only guess its Andrew Norwell.  The league's premier guard.  However, it would cost the Giants a first round pick and they currently have the 6th overall after trading down with the Jets.

Cameron Meredith seems to be another fan favorite as teams flood in the land the next big receiver.

Centers are another popular position as the minutes tick down to the deadline.

Could always pull a trade for #32 so they don't get the benefit ?? lol

Contract Tender Offer Sheet Results

Gm's have until  - Wed, Feb 21st @ 24:00 - Midnight Tomorrow to Match or Decline Tender Offer Sheet

Tag me when you post your answer in the league office thread.

Team ID CONCATENATE
PIT 6926 6926 - Chris Boswell - K
CHI 8268 8268 - Cameron Meredith - WR
TB 7025 7025 - Adam Humphries - WR
DEN 7322 7322 - Matt Paradis - C
MIN 8224 8224 - Nick Easton - LG
WAS 8345 8345 - Deshazor Everett - S
NYG 8422 8422 - Brett Jones - C
PHI 2372 2372 - Nigel Bradham - 43OLB
DET 6112 6112 - TJ Jones - WR
SEA 6717 6717 - Dion Jordan - 43DE
ARI 8235 8235 - Xavier Williams - 34DT

Details of the contracts are located in the workbook above.

If you do not reply Match Or Decline I'll take it you Declined and the player will be awarded to the other team.

@LuckyNumber11

@bcb1213

@SirA1

@NickChowaniec

@BringinDaPain

@winitall

@sparky151

@cortes02

@Desperado82

@BowserBroncos

@IDOG_det

@squire12

@jch1911

@Counselor

@IrishHooligan00

@samsel23

@ChaRisMa 

@Fragafootball

@mountainpd

@PurpleMugen

@whodatOL

@Deadpulse 

@KingOfTheDot 

@daineraider

@EaglesPeteC 

@davidderion

@Forge

@One Punch Man

@Trojan

@DTMW78

@Cbrunn

3 hours ago, ny92jefferis said:

Its because he isn't a free agent.  Special situation that got resolved.

What? He's definitely a free agent. He voided his 2018 contract specifically to reach free agency. He probably won't leave New Orleans but they should have to make him the best offer, not get some special treatment.

4 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

What? He's definitely a free agent. He voided his 2018 contract specifically to reach free agency. He probably won't leave New Orleans but they should have to make him the best offer, not get some special treatment.

Just another screw up on my part.

19 minutes ago, ny92jefferis said:

Kinda late for that don't you think?

Better late than never. He's the best QB in real life free agency, he should be available in the mock. I take it you don't want to make the Saints outbid other teams for him? 

Edit: looking at the Saints roster, he seems to be under some new contract but there is his 8 million dead money hit in 2018 from his voided contract missing. That applies whether he re-signs with the Saints or a new team.

Just now, sparky151 said:

Better late than never. He's the best QB in real life free agency, he should be available in the mock. I take it you don't want to make the Saints outbid other teams for him? 

I'm saying it's too late, it would completely change the game plans not only for him but for everyone.

You guys think I'm following the news when I run these mock drafts, I haven't even seen a news article.  Perhaps I should of researched it more, but OTC had him on the roster and thats where he was left.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/02/17/until-he-re-signs-brees-is-the-top-free-agent-quarterback/

I assumed it was common knowledge that Brees was a free agent. In real life he'll very likely re-sign with the Saints. In the mock, he'd be gone to a team with lots of cap space.

But in the mock the Saints should definitely have to carry his 8 million in dead money in 2018. 

Edit: OTC shows his dead money hit as 6 mil rather than 8.

12 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/02/17/until-he-re-signs-brees-is-the-top-free-agent-quarterback/

I assumed it was common knowledge that Brees was a free agent. In real life he'll very likely re-sign with the Saints. In the mock, he'd be gone to a team with lots of cap space.

But in the mock the Saints should definitely have to carry his 8 million in dead money in 2018. 

Edit: OTC shows his dead money hit as 6 mil rather than 8.

It probably is common knowledge but when I'm in these workbooks, I"m not even looking at the names most of the time and just basing everything off OTC.  Which has him on their roster for the next 3 seasons.  The way the contract ext. was created it accounted for the original signing bonuses, just like any other extension.

Archived