TCMD- INSIDE THE LOCKER THREAD

EaglesPeteC

ATTENTION SCHEDULE CHANGE 

TIMES TO HAVE YOUR FREE AGENT BIDS CREATED IS NOW 9PM EST FROM HERE ON OUT.

Round 3 Free Agency Bidding (20% APY decrease)

• Deadline to have contracts created – Sun, 25th @ 9pm

• FA Bidding Results – Sun, 25th @ 10pm

@LuckyNumber11

@bcb1213

@SirA1

@NickChowaniec

@BringinDaPain

@winitall

@sparky151

@cortes02

@Desperado82

@BowserBroncos

@IDOG_det

@squire12

@jch1911

@Counselor

@IrishHooligan00

@samsel23

@ChaRisMa 

@Fragafootball

@mountainpd

@PurpleMugen

@whodatOL

@Deadpulse 

@KingOfTheDot 

@daineraider

@EaglesPeteC 

@davidderion

@Forge

@One Punch Man

@Trojan

@DTMW78

@Cbrunn

FREE AGENCY ROUND 2 REACTIONS

- Cardinals picked up some solid depth at reasonable prices with Karlos Dansby and Ed Dickson

- Brandon Coleman is a pretty good WR and the Ravens did themselves a favor by grabbing him at a very team friendly deal

- The Bills struck out on most of their targets but picked up Virgil Green. I'm not sure that a blocking only TE is worth $3.5 mill per year.

-Julius Peppers will have another year with the Panthers. Forget Tom vs Time. It is Julius vs Time and time is getting destroyed. He'll have another impactful year with the Panthers.

-The Bears made good signings with Aaron Colvin and Quincy Enunwa although the price tags are pretty rich.

-The last two Super Bowls were won with LeGarrette Blount on the roster. The Bengals are hoping 3 for 3 by signing him to split the backfield with Joe Mixon

-The Browns bring Terrelle Pryor back. Hopefully he can capture the magic he lost in Washington. You'd figure with all the cap room that the Browns would have been more aggressive so far in Free Agency.

-The Cowboys spent 10 million dollars combined on Neiko Thorpe and Steven Terrell but I am not sure they really got any better.

- Denver made some low price signings highlighted by K Cairos Santos 

-Crowell will be really good compliment to Ameer Abdullah and Tyler Gabriel adds a lot to an already talented WR room. Strong round for the Lions.

- Packers bring in a couple former Jets in Jenkins and Claiborne. They haven't really had much success bringing in talented but troubled TE's the last couple years. Hopefully Austin Sefarian Jenkins can reverse that trend. Claibone has had an up and down time of his career, but should help upgrade the Packers CB troubles.

-Houston scrapped together some pennies to sign Collin Kaepernick as a backup to DeShaun Watson. Wonder if there will be any backlash in Texas?

-The Colts are another team with a ton of money and can't seem to spend it. They really haven't added any impact in Free Agency yet.

- The Jaguars make another huge splash on defense and grabbed Sheldon Richardson to pair next to Calais Campbell. That duo could be terrifying

-Kansas City made some really nice low key signings in Christian Jones and Zach Fulton. They paid a lot for Junior Gallette. I wonder if they will get the impact for the money.

-The Chargers jumped out and signed Jeff Janis to replace Tyrell Williams and the world is still asking why.

- The Rams were busy signing long snappers and over paying for run stuffing LB's.

- The Dolphins bring back Vontae Davis on the cheap. This could be a really shrewd move that could make a significant impact for them.

- The Vikings bring back 100 year old Terrance Newman 

- The Patriots bring in Kevin Minter to help with LB depth but struck out on their attempted big signing of Sheldon Richardson

- The Saints add to their front 7 with Justin Ellis and Conner Barwin and are able to retain Willie Snead and Kenny Vaccaro. They continue to shine this offseason.

-The Giants add to their pile of overpaid average offensive lineman

- The Jets finally spend some money by bring back the aged Josh McCown and signing C Joe Looney. They really need to start spending to try and compete this year.

-The Raiders bring in big names in Aldon Smith, Alteruan Verner and Dominque Easley but not sure how much they will pay off.

-EJ Gaines is a nice slot CB but 12 million per year. Good luck with that Steelers....

-Michael Floyd will try to resurrect his career with Seattle. I have my doubts.

- The 49ers dropped some coin on CB's bring in Ross Cockrell and Brent Grimes to revamp their CB room.

-The Bucs dropped 33 million APY this round on Dontari Poe, Trumaine Johnson and Breshaun Breeland as the Bucs continue to try and buy wins. We will see if it works this year.

- Marquis Lee should be a nice weapon for Mariota. Good signing by the Titans.The price tag is pretty worrisome though. Not sure if he is worth 10 million per year.

-DeAngelo Hall is back in Washington with Todd Davis. Neither of those signings excite me.

- The Eagles and the Falcons both went Round 2 without a signing.

-

-

1 minute ago, LuckyNumber11 said:

I love Terrance Newman, one of those guys who's been incredibly consistent his entire career and really hasn't let up at all

Went to HS about 20 minutes from me.  One of the few pros to come out of Kansas.  Heck of a person also

10 minutes ago, LuckyNumber11 said:

I love Terrance Newman, one of those guys who's been incredibly consistent his entire career and really hasn't let up at all

Absolutely. I really wanted to re-sign him to preserve realism, too, as he's said publicly that he wants to contend as a Viking and play only for Mike Zimmer. He's been stellar and he's not even just the "ol' reliable" type, he's as much of a splash playmaker as any of our other corners.

Just now, davidderion said:

Still one of the more realistic IRL scenarios for a contract to happen compared to some of these that have been happening. 

I mean giving him his own island would have been more realistic than any contract Houston has given out in this mock

11 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

FREE AGENCY ROUND 2 REACTIONS 

- Marquis Lee should be a nice weapon for Mariota. Good signing by the Titans.The price tag is pretty worrisome though. Not sure if he is worth 10 million per year.

Yeah his price was high but I barely beat out the Ravens for his signature.

I think last year he just scratched the surface of what he's capable of.

Outside, inside, he will be moving around plenty along with Matthews.

Hopefully Davis can build on the form he showed towards the end of last season.

Along with Walker and Smith at TE and Henry at RB the Titans have assembled a very nice set of weapons for M.M and LaFleur to work with.

ATTENTION

FREE AGENT BIDS FOR ROUND 3 ARE DUE BY 9 PM EST TODAY!!!

@LuckyNumber11

@bcb1213

@SirA1

@NickChowaniec

@BringinDaPain

@winitall

@sparky151

@cortes02

@Desperado82

@BowserBroncos

@IDOG_det

@squire12

@jch1911

@Counselor

@IrishHooligan00

@samsel23

@ChaRisMa 

@Fragafootball

@mountainpd

@PurpleMugen

@whodatOL

@Deadpulse 

@KingOfTheDot 

@daineraider

@EaglesPeteC 

@davidderion

@Forge

@One Punch Man

@Trojan

@DTMW78

@Cbrunn

On 2/23/2018 at 12:27 AM, ny92jefferis said:

ATTENTION SCHEDULE CHANGE 

TIMES TO HAVE YOUR FREE AGENT BIDS CREATED IS NOW 9PM EST FROM HERE ON OUT.

@LuckyNumber11

@bcb1213

@SirA1

@NickChowaniec

@BringinDaPain

@winitall

@sparky151

@cortes02

@Desperado82

@BowserBroncos

@IDOG_det

@squire12

@jch1911

@Counselor

@IrishHooligan00

@samsel23

@ChaRisMa 

@Fragafootball

@mountainpd

@PurpleMugen

@whodatOL

@Deadpulse 

@KingOfTheDot 

@daineraider

@EaglesPeteC 

@davidderion

@Forge

@One Punch Man

@Trojan

@DTMW78

@Cbrunn

About 4 1/2 hours before the deadline.

Remember we moved the deadline up an hour from here on out.

Also be advised that I am looking to move Round 4 up just haven't worked it out yet.

Archived