Greatest single game performance

UKTexans

On 7/31/2017 at 4:02 AM, EliteTexan80 said:

Favre, the day after his dad passed. It wasn't the best game statistically (399/4TDs - I think Drew Brees threw a few of those in his sleep a few years ago) but the emotion behind playing less than 24 hours after getting the call that your dad is gone - it was both impressive and emotionally charged. It was a must win game, as the 9-6 Packers we're now position to challenge for the division with a Week 17 tilt vs Denver; A win combined with a Minnesota loss vs Arizona would put Green Bay in the playoffs (both of which happened - Minnesota would lose 18-17 on a last second TD from Josh McCown to Nathan Poole, and Green Bay would walk to a 31-3 win behind Ahman Green's 218 yards rushing).

Favre had 311 and 4 TDs by halftime, and had a TD dropped right before halftime; Had the Raiders put up a fight in this game (they were already on their way to the #2 pick in the draft, where they selected OT Robert Gallery) Favre might have done more damage, put up some huge numbers - but the underlying storyline is playing some of the best football in a storied career, the day after your father and mentor died unexpectedly.

That game by Favre really was amazing. Credit to the pass catchers as well. Anything Favre threw, the receivers went and got. All around, was an incredible game to watch for the passing game that day and knowing the emotion that Favre had to be feeling, it really was something special. 

On 7/31/2017 at 6:53 PM, SteelKing728 said:

Adrian Peterson setting the all time rushing record back in his rookie year against the San Diego Chargers.

Also notable of that game was Antonio Cromarties 108 yard missed field goal return for a touchdown, the longest play then (now tied) in NFL history.

The number he topped, Jamal Lewis's 295 vs. Cleveland in 2013 was pretty spectacular as well.  

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Kaepernick's performance vs the Packers in the 2013 Divisional round was insane.

I was thinking about posting this one as well. The passing numbers themselves were good, but when you add in the fact that he turned in a top-15 all-time playoffs rushing game at the same time, it was special. I don't think it's better than most of the others mentioned, but it was damn good nonetheless. 

On 8/3/2017 at 3:29 PM, Bobikus said:

So many passing games mentioned but imo not the best one:

Drew Brees, Nov 30, 2009 vs the Patriots. 18 of 23 for 371yards 5TDs 0INTs

I was gonna go homer and post this.  Maybe not best ever but worthy of a mention.

4 minutes ago, Jlowe22 said:

Haynesworth had a few of those that game if i remember correctly.

Look at how Andre Carter just rag dolled Jason Peters. That's all I take from that play now...

Archived