Forge's TCMD - 49ers

Forge

Ugh, Carolina fleeced Washington in a trade and dumped all of their high priced players (Kalil, Thomas Davis) and put the franchise tag on Norwell. 

So far, two of my intended round 1 FA targets have been tagged and will be unavailable in free agency - Lawrence and Norwell. I'm not 100% sure on which way to go now with regards to free agency. 

So far, here are the franchise tags: 

Demarcus Lawrence

Ziggy Ansah

Andrew Norwell

Jarvis Landry

Lamarcus Joyner

Leaves us pretty out in the cold with regards to edge rushers in FA. Norwell is a big loss on the guard market as now Pugh is going to be very much in demand. A-rob is still available thus far (hasn't been tagged yet), and the corners are still available depending on which one we want to go after. 

49ers receive: 

- Hau'oli Kikaha - 

Saints receive:

Pick #208

Again, just a minor deal. But what this means is that I took 188 and turned it into Mike Gillisle and Hau'oli Kikaha, which I don't think is all that bad. Kikaha has had some inability to stay healthy, but he had some potential coming out as a pass rusher, and may be a guy that can rotate in and even take meaninful snaps at our leo spot. 

In the real world, we can't really expect huge splash moves and trying to solve all our issues with a big name. I like these small moves that try to make us incrementally better. Brick by brick, they say. That's two nice bricks for a day three pick.

I'm torn on a corner to go after. Not as big on Fuller as a lot of people. Guy played well, but how well? He had over 100 targets thrown at him. That's a fact that bothers me. Tells me that quarterbacks are seeing something there. He's young though, so you can get some good team control

Archived